the future freaks me out
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Age: 35 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 7 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
SEVEN - Mythical - Sear Cat
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3601
JACK

Or maybe it just so happens that Aurelia was born in precisely the sort of place that makes her so like a lot of the Torchers. So Jack doesn't offer anything to that, though he does raise an eyebrow as she leans in close, making his striking of the match utterly redundant. Is he impressed? Maybe.

Too bad she ruins it all by raining on his flying Ark parade, and Jack grows very still as he digests this new information, the honesty in her thoughts. "That ain't what I was told," he mumbles around his cigarette, taking a deep drag of it. "So I'm joinin' your merry little council on the promise of somethin' you ain't even checked is possible?"

He laughs, because he can't decide who is the bigger idiot - them for offering, or him for accepting. It doesn't change his decision on the next point, though, Jack snorting and shaking his head. "Ark or bust," he mumbles. "Ain't interested in any other ship. Who said they're enchanted like that anyways?"

Whatever has happened, though, it seems he's still Aurelia's right hand man - and a saint, apparently, something that has him scoffing and blowing smoke into the air. "Fuck off," he tells her bluntly. And that's a very to the point version of his answer to the Greatwood, too.

"Why the fuck you worried about somethin' you don't know? War's comin', so what? Stick to what's happenin' now. Torchline needs shit doin' now." He shrugs. "War can fuckin' wait."
believer... believe it or not you'll know
when it ends and how it goes
Jack being an Abandoned is common knowledge these days, however his Telepathy remains a well-kept secret:

Magic: Passive Telepathy | The user can read the surface thoughts and emotions of those within a 30ft radius. Control is excellent. Note: "Thoughts and emotions" include anything written in a character's narration in a post.
Type: Grey | Rank: Mastered

Also branded with a small star tattoo beneath his left eye.

Messages In This Thread
the future freaks me out - by Aurelia - 08-07-2021, 10:14 PM
RE: the future freaks me out - by Jack - 08-09-2021, 03:38 PM
RE: the future freaks me out - by Aurelia - 08-10-2021, 10:35 AM
RE: the future freaks me out - by Jack - 08-10-2021, 11:41 AM
RE: the future freaks me out - by Aurelia - 08-17-2021, 11:05 AM
RE: the future freaks me out - by Jack - 08-17-2021, 05:00 PM
RE: the future freaks me out - by Aurelia - 08-18-2021, 08:47 AM
RE: the future freaks me out - by Jack - 08-18-2021, 05:07 PM