{SE} so blue just thinking about you
For Harper <3
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Harper
love many things
for therein lies true strength
Harper is pretty sure he could die here and have zero regrets, and go out feeling the happiest he’s been in a long while too. Edmund’s skin is baby-soft and pudgy, and his happy nonsensical babbling melts Harper’s poor, vulnerable heart. As if it ever stood a chance. Harper turns to press more dramatic kisses to Edmund’s hand as it comes to touch his cheek, uncaring of the slightly sticky nature of all children’s fingers. Happily wrinkling his nose to provide another fun texture for the babe to explore with his hand.

It’s hard to switch gears and be the shoulder Maeve needs, but Harper is nothing if not flexible, and multitasking was made for a brain like his. Scooting closer and settling by her feet, still rocking side to side to keep Edmund entertained, Harper gazes up at her quietly, blue eyes earnest and attentive. Something that hasn’t changed in the years he has been at her side, both as friend and protector, since he’d moved to Torchline years ago.

“I’m sure he makes things worth it,” he agrees with a small, tender smile. But he can read the exhaustion bruised beneath her eyes, and Harper leans sideways into her legs, letting the warmth of his body seep through the blanket covering them. “You don’t have to do it alone Mae-bell. I’m not here just for council purposes - if you need a day or two or even a week off, I’m more than happy to babysit. Or if you want time with just Edmund, I can do your errands.” He means every word. Harper is nothing if not a devoted friend; his body is more than trained to keep going even on the longest of days, and putting that to use after all these years of relative peace is no sacrifice for him. If anything, it will feel like atonement. Like he’s somehow earning this paradise that Caido is to him - a paradise he scarcely deserves.
and what is done in love
is always done well

Messages In This Thread
{SE} so blue just thinking about you - by Maeve - 09-17-2021, 02:15 AM
RE: {SE} so blue just thinking about you - by Harper - 09-27-2021, 10:08 PM