[open se] woke up in heaven
Memory Snow SE
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Hotaru

The urgency in the Wraith's voice is like a wave, lifting and buoying Hotaru along it until her own throat is tight. "Halo is as tied to the Voice because of her portal and Morgan's relationship with Neron as the other lands are to the Old Gods because of their own rulers. How can anyone achieve neutrality that way? Morgan can preach it, Noah and I can preach it, but can any of us truly ensure it? We aren't strong enough alone. Neither side will let us hide away." To face against both sides and not endure the backlash of deities swatting the proverbial fly of annoyance in plans much bigger than them. Distress creases lines in Ru's pretty face, wanting more than anything to believe, but too bitter and jaded by both sides to try.

Wessex's agony is a visceral thing. Hotaru is tugged forward helplessly, the Wraith's words like a hook in her navel that shreds sinew and muscle as it pulls her across the distance between them. Her hand lifts, and fingers tremble alongside lips turned flush with cold. Hesitation lasts only a moment, and then she is reaching for Wessex. Let the woman decide whether to turn her away. Hotaru has to try. Hands rise to the Wraith's shoulders, and the Valkyrie's cheeks are streaked with brief warmth as tears overflow and crest down over her lips, leaving salt in their wake. "And she will just create more of you. They can claim to love us, but they are all just gods. What are we but pinpricks in their eyes?" Her fingers tighten uselessly, wanting to childishly cling to the other woman so that nothing can tear her away. There is no real way for Wessex to feel it. She knows this.

It still hurts.

"I watched a god like her kill everything and everyone I loved; it won that war against the old gods,just as the Voice might, but we lost everything." Their home, their deities, family and friends. All of it gone within moments. "I can't do it again - I can't stand by and do nothing this time. But I can't lose you. I can't lose Nate. I can't -" hiccuping, Ru swipes one rough hand across her face, ashamed to feel grief so prematurely and so conspicuously, "- I don't know what to do." There's no winning for any of them. They're all just counting sand, waiting for the hourglass to break. History tells her to kill the Voice before she takes everything away from Hotaru once more, but her heart is tied to the people the Voice has created - and in killing their creator, she will lose them all the same.
what I did, do, to me and you, keeps me awake
if I were a ghost, you'd be the proof
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
[open se] woke up in heaven - by Wessex - 09-22-2021, 03:40 PM
RE: [open se] woke up in heaven - by Hotaru - 10-08-2021, 01:24 AM
RE: [open se] woke up in heaven - by Wessex - 10-11-2021, 05:24 PM
RE: [open se] woke up in heaven - by Hotaru - 10-19-2021, 07:17 PM
RE: [open se] woke up in heaven - by Wessex - 10-21-2021, 09:17 PM
RE: [open se] woke up in heaven - by Hotaru - 10-21-2021, 09:47 PM
RE: [open se] woke up in heaven - by Wessex - 10-22-2021, 04:23 PM
RE: [open se] woke up in heaven - by Hotaru - 10-26-2021, 06:44 AM
RE: [open se] woke up in heaven - by Wessex - 10-26-2021, 07:31 PM
RE: [open se] woke up in heaven - by Hotaru - 10-26-2021, 09:52 PM
RE: [open se] woke up in heaven - by Wessex - 10-27-2021, 06:45 PM