Last to Fall
Rory and Rexanna and maybe more!
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5720
Rory had always seemed so big to a small fox that Jigano was almost surprised to realize that he was taller than the blond man who leaned against him, barely conscious and silent as the bard, both afraid to tempt fate any further by speaking - or perhaps just too tired, too guilty, too haunted to find words for each other. What could they say? I'm sorry I hurt you. That I thought terrible things about you. That I wasn't faster, stronger, better enough to save you. I'm sorry. I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner who I was. Do you hate me now? Can you forgive me? ...Do I deserve your forgiveness?

Ah, well. Jigano knew the answer to that last one, but there was no time to dwell on it. Not yet. They were in danger still, every moment they were outside, and Rory was hurt so badly that not even the guilt and fear over what had happened to Amalia - and did Edy get away safely? - could stop him from trying to save the man at his side.

Luck smiled upon them both when the locks on the door began to unlatch, Jigano's heart skipping a beat with a sudden leap of hope in his chest. They were so close to safety--

And then the locks paused. He curled his hand into a fist, exhaling slowly as he tried to stop the shaking in his limbs as Rory put more and more of his weight against the slender bard. "Please..." he whispered a last time, bowing his head in a fierce prayer to whoever was listening.

The door opened to Rexanna , a friendly face he hadn't expected but was ready to kiss. The lorekeeper was disheveled, blood on his face and chest, smudged with ash, but nothing compared to Rory. Blue eyes widened as his expression lifting from grey despair to gratitude a mere moment before Rory collapsed against him.

He caught the blond, but barely, feeling himself going down alongside his friend. With a last effort he pulled them both inside to collapse on the floor, their glowing red antlers clattering against the cold stones and Isuma squeaking protest as she barely wriggled loose from being squashed. "Rexanna, I'll get the door, if you can get Isla, please." He was begging now, relief at being let inside breaking down the barriers not even fear had quite managed. He pulled himself to his feet and staggered against the Temple door to shut it once more, beginning to click the locks shut with fingers that shook and a gaze that kept wandering back to Rory's still form on the ground.

Sensing his fear as it mingled with her own, the little gryphon peeped in concern and tottered to Rory's head, rubbing her downy-soft face against his unburned cheek in quiet plea for her friend to open his eyes.

Messages In This Thread
Last to Fall - by Jigano - 02-21-2019, 04:26 AM
RE: Last to Fall - by Rexanna - 02-21-2019, 06:59 AM
RE: Last to Fall - by Rory - 02-21-2019, 09:16 PM
RE: Last to Fall - by Jigano - 02-21-2019, 09:43 PM
RE: Last to Fall - by Rexanna - 02-21-2019, 10:03 PM
RE: Last to Fall - by Jigano - 02-21-2019, 10:26 PM
RE: Last to Fall - by Vervain - 02-21-2019, 10:37 PM
RE: Last to Fall - by Rexanna - 02-21-2019, 11:29 PM
RE: Last to Fall - by Jigano - 02-21-2019, 11:49 PM
RE: Last to Fall - by Vervain - 02-22-2019, 02:46 PM
RE: Last to Fall - by Rory - 02-22-2019, 07:02 PM