[SEASONAL EVENT] Begging for Mercy
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Upstairs? To the infirmary…that would make sense. Phoebe felt like she would have been peeved that this woman – who she recognized but wasn’t sure she could name - who first questioned her was now not helping in any way, but she was too tired. She still needed to get Emmett stable. She needed to treat his wounds and assess the poisoning and hope against all hope that Isla was somewhere around. Her training was only going to get her so far.

The woman called for someone named Vai, a name she definitely didn’t know or recognize. Phoebe didn’t really care, just hoping she knew something about healing or medicine. When this Vai came out, she was quick to notice the barest hint of a bump in her tummy – not much of one, it could easily just be some chub but based on the rest of her build Phoebe doubted it. But her calm attitude both put Phoebe at ease and threatened to cause her to break down.

”W-we were getting away from his family’s house. Somehow the monster got in to the main floor and…” her voice broke, trying to not remember the horrific sight. ”They’re all dead, just Emmett and his kid siblings.” she said, to explain where the little kids had come from. Chris and Milly were curled up by a chair though, snuffling and hugging each other. They wouldn’t be causing anyone a fuss. ”A bull like creature showed up and gored him…and his arm is broken and it was definitely venomous.” Phoebe said, trying to explain everything she knew. ”I wrapped him up the best I could with my skirt and dragged him here from the Outskirts…I-I’m just a midwife though, I’m not a medic…I can sew him up but…” There was the poison, there was the internal damage she couldn’t see or fix given he lacked all of the internal organs she knew how to deal with.

The woman asked for him to be put on the table and she was quick to act…but not doing so well. All her muscles trembled as she tried to carefully lift Emmett up to get him onto the table. A pained gasp escaped her lips, muddled with a small sob of emotion. She hurt. She was exhausted. She was terrified. She didn’t know enough, wasn’t strong enough, wasn’t fast enough. She had witnessed something so gruesome it had been beyond her imaginings before and she was fighting the trauma that wanted to settle in to her brain, knowing she couldn’t go to pieces yet.
Phoebe
I'll be your shoulder when you cry

Messages In This Thread
[SEASONAL EVENT] Begging for Mercy - by Phoebe - 02-21-2019, 05:56 PM
RE: [SEASONAL EVENT] Begging for Mercy - by Edrei - 02-21-2019, 06:47 PM
RE: [SEASONAL EVENT] Begging for Mercy - by Ronin - 02-21-2019, 07:07 PM
RE: [SEASONAL EVENT] Begging for Mercy - by Edrei - 02-21-2019, 07:12 PM
RE: [SEASONAL EVENT] Begging for Mercy - by Edrei - 02-21-2019, 07:34 PM
RE: [SEASONAL EVENT] Begging for Mercy - by Phoebe - 02-21-2019, 08:27 PM
RE: [SEASONAL EVENT] Begging for Mercy - by Edrei - 02-21-2019, 09:35 PM
RE: [SEASONAL EVENT] Begging for Mercy - by Ronin - 02-22-2019, 03:28 PM
RE: [SEASONAL EVENT] Begging for Mercy - by Ronin - 02-22-2019, 05:20 PM