Training [SE] Carnival knives out here?
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 27 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 53 - Luck: 42 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 1450
Sah

Sah picked up a trio of knives, throwing them in quick succession as he listened to Noah speak. He needed something to ground him as Noah's words hit as subtly as a slap. The first knife hit but the other two sunk deeply into the target, one nearly coming through the other side.

The Outlander met Noah's eyes, his own blank in comparison to the demigod's ice.  "You're right. I don't now Halo like you do. I don't know Caido like you do. I know the people that left were scared." Each statement was made bluntly as he threw another knife and it landed straight on the bullseye, sinking down to the hilt.

His voice grew contemplative, tinged with melancholy "Perhaps I'm projecting too much onto Caido but I'm working with what experience I have." The admission stings but it is the truth. Less then two years into Caido and Sah still struggled at times to separate the mechanisms and norms of his home world and this one.

But projection wasn't the only factor here. It was also the vague information that Sah had been continuously given on what had happened in the past. Hell, this was the first time that he was hearing that Neron's crimes were entrenched with a broken promise to the  Eirachi. He'd known that there was some kind of promise, violence, and that the goddess had been involved. But it was the little but important details like this that seemed to go over people's heads when they spoke about the past. It was maddening.

Sah let out a sigh, running a hand through his hair, suppressing his frustration. "I've spent an unfortunately large percent of my life on the battlefield. I've probably taken more lives then I've saved. And I'm not...I'm not great at playing the political game to minimize casualties. But I want to at least try in Caido. I want to at least try to regain Halo in a way that won't be an invitation for another invasions. That's what I've been trying to work towards, poorly it seems." What was the point in retaking Halo, even peacefully, if it just led to another round of conquest? Then the uncertainty he saw in the people would truly turn to terror.

Still Noah's news is something to celebrate, even if it does complicate things. The new demigod's obvious reverence is true to his character and brings a tired but genuine smile to the Abandoned's face, "Congratulations."
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare

Messages In This Thread
[SE] Carnival knives out here? - by Sah - 11-01-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: [SE] Carnival knives out here? - by Noah - 11-02-2021, 03:43 PM
RE: [SE] Carnival knives out here? - by Sah - 11-02-2021, 11:07 PM
RE: [SE] Carnival knives out here? - by Noah - 11-03-2021, 06:45 PM
RE: [SE] Carnival knives out here? - by Sah - 11-04-2021, 10:04 PM
RE: [SE] Carnival knives out here? - by Noah - 11-05-2021, 03:06 PM
RE: [SE] Carnival knives out here? - by Sah - 11-06-2021, 12:43 AM
RE: [SE] Carnival knives out here? - by Noah - 11-09-2021, 04:05 PM
RE: [SE] Carnival knives out here? - by Sah - 11-12-2021, 01:11 AM