Lost Potential
For Safrin; God Quest Reward Hand-In
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Bastien
That old celestial circus
With teeth and fingernails I'll carve a place, you'll see.

I am handing in Bastien's level 3 God Item Quest reward!

As much fun as shepherding peoples emotions in the bar was (it wasn't, unless it was Rexanna) Bastien needed a break. He'd felt unable to leave for a long while because of the constant pounding at the door of people who needed help, but...an hour without any visitors passed and he decided to risk it. Just a simple walk up to the temple, that was all. Just to clear his head.

The fact that he brought a strong bottle of spirits had little to do with it.

He passed the shrine without thought at first, focused more on the odd...dirt? Coming through the door and the strange clear smudges on the stone. There was blood, too. Clearly the temple had seen a lot of LongNight tragedies of it's own recently. For a while he sat on a chair near the back, drank and stared at the marks, trying to imagine a story to fit them. Every so often he would scratch at the golden mark on his neck, still finding it's smooth cold texture felt odd in his skin.

Then suddenly, he stood up and began to walk towards the shrine. He didn't even really know why, other than that things were chaotic and wrong and there had only been one place in this world he'd felt truly relaxed. Where he hadn't been putting on a show.

He knelt before the shrine.

Now, Bastien wasn't stupid. He had worked out by now his missing items were probably taken by Safrin herself who had overheard his...words for her last time he'd been here. But he didn't find in him the usual desire to charm his way past any blame. As with Phoebe he...wanted to actually apologise, to learn.

Was this what it meant to grow as a person? He didn't like it. But here he was.

Dipping his head, he spoke: "Signora. If you are there. I know I can be...ah...irritable. Sometimes. ...A lot of the time. If things do not go my way. And I said something last time I was here that I highly regret. And...I see now, as I said to Phoebe, that my church was misguided. I just...no. I should not justify. I will just say. I apologise. Truly. If there is anything I could do to make it up to you...perhaps just leave you alone. Tell me."

Messages In This Thread
Lost Potential - by Bastien - 02-22-2019, 04:11 PM
RE: Lost Potential - by Safrin - 02-22-2019, 04:34 PM
RE: Lost Potential - by Bastien - 02-22-2019, 06:46 PM
RE: Lost Potential - by Safrin - 02-22-2019, 06:49 PM
RE: Lost Potential - by Bastien - 02-22-2019, 07:27 PM
RE: Lost Potential - by Safrin - 02-22-2019, 07:34 PM
RE: Lost Potential - by Bastien - 02-22-2019, 10:44 PM
RE: Lost Potential - by Safrin - 02-24-2019, 02:25 AM
RE: Lost Potential - by Bastien - 02-24-2019, 02:30 PM
RE: Lost Potential - by Safrin - 02-25-2019, 07:31 PM
RE: Lost Potential - by Bastien - 02-25-2019, 07:49 PM