[OPEN SE] the way we were
open SE - watching carnival attraction
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Oh all I ever wanted was
a life in your shape
"Favourites? Oh, my." He laughed, embarrassed and shy, unsure he could be anyone's favourite. It did seem easier to accept the little compliments and pleasantries like this though, twirling and stepping roughly in time with the music. Sam almost felt graceful, almost like he could be the person they were insisting he was.

Given that he was still well inside the span of a normal lifetime, Sam had not yet considered how insignificant a small duration of a few seasons might be in the long term. There was, of course, given the danger in Caido, the unfortunate possibility that anyone could be entirely gone within the span of a season, but he tried not to let his mind surrender to those thoughts too much. "I hope you're right. We used to have meetings with all of us, but we seem to have stopped. Maybe we should...do that again. Though we are missing a lot of our old family..." The largest and most glaring loss in Sam's mind being Rexanna, who had been such a calming presence once.

Sam understood the burden of weakness well; it was one he still had to remind himself he no longer bore, his own strength alien to him when he had spent so many years unable to defend himself. "Just...be careful. I've done all sorts of dangerous things I shouldn't have and I'm still here, but...I think that has more to do with luck than anything else. And things weren't so...heated, a few years ago." He'd been on adventures with Accepted and Demi Gods then freely, their alignments to deities unimportant. How he yearned for those days. "Do you want to go somewhere in particular? Maybe I could take you."
Keep my eyes on the road
As I ache
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!

Messages In This Thread
[OPEN SE] the way we were - by Samuel - 11-08-2021, 10:28 PM
RE: [OPEN SE] the way we were - by Ophelia - 11-13-2021, 07:34 PM
RE: [OPEN SE] the way we were - by Samuel - 11-20-2021, 08:50 PM
RE: [OPEN SE] the way we were - by Ophelia - 11-26-2021, 10:49 PM
RE: [OPEN SE] the way we were - by Samuel - 11-30-2021, 09:11 PM
RE: [OPEN SE] the way we were - by Ophelia - 12-02-2021, 02:21 AM
RE: [OPEN SE] the way we were - by Samuel - 12-08-2021, 09:34 PM