unobtainable colors
Juniper Dubois
the Amberwing
Diplomat

Age: 57 | Height: 4'8 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749

"I see." Juniper nods; she definitely understands what Aurelia means by needing purpose. When Nephele asked Juniper to join Alina's administration, to become the Fae's link to the outside world, to serve her people -- it had changed Juniper. Not overnight, of course, but she'd gone from outcast to leader, from alienated to central, and it's hard to overstate how much more connected to her people and the world around her she feels now. "I also lacked purpose, before Nephele recruited me into the Fae's leadership. It felt like finding my place ... Even with any doubts I may have, I've never regretted answering her call."

The tale of Aurelia's family brings a sympathetic frown to Juniper's face. "You've lost a great deal. Perhaps your sisters will make it to Caido one day ... " As for Aurelia's past crimes, they do give Juniper pause, but she doesn't react with disgust or recriminations. Rather, she considers the idea of forgiveness and atonement, finally saying, "You can't undo the harm you've done in the past, but you can live your life in the future so that you put more good into the world than you've taken from it."

Juniper nods again as Aurelia speaks of Safrin. "It's definitely better to ask forgiveness than to simply let a god hold a grudge against you. But I would hope Safrin will not begrudge you your troubles." As for Safrin wanting love and appreciation ... Juniper's lips twitched when Aurelia smirked. "She certainly wishes to be close to her followers' hearts. I don't think she's the herald I would ask for favors, honestly."

Then Aurelia's question makes Juniper a little self-conscious. It must sound strange, to have a wish that not even the gods can grant, but it's true. "I desire peace. I want the different peoples of Caido -- including the Ascended -- to coexist without strife, and the gods seem dead-set against this."
Juniper

"art nouveau winged fairy" by e³°°° is licensed with CC BY-SA 2.0. To view a copy of this license, visit here

Messages In This Thread
unobtainable colors - by Aurelia - 12-13-2021, 01:05 AM
RE: unobtainable colors - by Juniper - 12-13-2021, 05:04 PM
RE: unobtainable colors - by Aurelia - 12-16-2021, 09:32 AM
RE: unobtainable colors - by Juniper - 12-17-2021, 03:05 AM
RE: unobtainable colors - by Aurelia - 12-17-2021, 03:36 AM
RE: unobtainable colors - by Juniper - 12-18-2021, 10:43 PM
RE: unobtainable colors - by Aurelia - 12-21-2021, 06:26 AM
RE: unobtainable colors - by Juniper - 12-27-2021, 11:19 PM
RE: unobtainable colors - by Aurelia - 01-05-2022, 05:35 AM
RE: unobtainable colors - by Juniper - 01-11-2022, 08:10 PM
RE: unobtainable colors - by Aurelia - 01-13-2022, 08:41 AM