daylight fading
Ray Lunarium
Herbalist / Information Broker / Torchline Councilwoman

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 18 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
RAY
In ancient times
cats were worshipped as gods
Ray gives her friend's hand quick in solidarity of their shared grief. There's a lot of heavy emotion there and she's glad that Aurelia drops the topic. The mention of the gods makes the herbalist perk up further. "Yes, actually!" It was one part of war preparations that was going as planned.

Cheerfully, she fills her friend in. "Although I never got a response form Safrin, I went to Frey's shrine. They answered. I went on a quest and retrieved one of Rae's Lillis. They have incredible healing properties. I'm currently gathering other ingredients to turn the lily into a healing item. Frey has been incredibly helpful in helping me prepare for the war." The herbalist was incredibly grateful for the aid the deity had been willing to provide. The more Ray prepared now, the more lives she could save when the time came.

The barrage of questions about her profession is more than welcome. The herbalist was passionate about her work and had no problem talking about it. "I do have some of the things I make regularly memorized. But the rest are all written down in excruciating detail. My mom left journals behind and while I was training, she made me create my own, even if was duplicates of the same information. The end result is that I have a massive collection in my workshop. Every herb I know, and every remedy is diagramed and catalogued with all the characteristics, identifying features, and information I have on it." The amount of information on those bookshelves was staggering and Ray was quite proud of it all. "I can show you sometime if you're curious."

As for the actual remedies? Ray has to chuckle at the questions. "It depends. Some plants can just be ground down and added to bases made of sugar, oil, or dairy to make pastes, creams, etc. But for many, only parts of the plant have the properties. You have to use the correct part of the plant, whether it be the roots, leaves, or boiled extracts. And some parts of the same plant have different properties. The same plant can make a lifesaving treatment or a deadly poison. It all depends on what part of the plant and how you prepare it." It was why her recipes and notes were so detailed. Messing up could be deadly.

The herbalist pauses, realizing the amount of information she just dumped on her friend. "Ah, that was a lot, wasn't it? Is there anything you want me to clarify?"
They have not
forgotten this

Messages In This Thread
daylight fading - by Aurelia - 12-19-2021, 05:41 PM
RE: daylight fading - by Ray - 12-20-2021, 08:04 PM
RE: daylight fading - by Aurelia - 12-21-2021, 09:04 AM
RE: daylight fading - by Ray - 12-21-2021, 07:21 PM
RE: daylight fading - by Aurelia - 01-01-2022, 06:46 AM
RE: daylight fading - by Ray - 01-03-2022, 09:40 PM
RE: daylight fading - by Aurelia - 01-05-2022, 06:34 AM
RE: daylight fading - by Ray - 01-08-2022, 06:15 PM
RE: daylight fading - by Aurelia - 01-09-2022, 01:41 AM