Mini Event Offense or Defense
Shaye Alexander
Furrier

Age: 31 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Shaye

Shaye remains silent as talk begins, and it would seem they're going to waste no time in pleasantries or introductions, instead jumping straight into the heart of things. But as things unravel and opinions are spoken (mostly on the part of Sah), she finds that she feels calmer than she thought she would.

She can understand Sah's concerns, the roundabout way he wants to make a call to arms, to call for a clearcut decision. To have Halo make their stance ever-clearer. She's not sure if she agrees or not, not just yet at least. Once he's finished his piece, she feels moved to speak, herself.

The chair moves out from under her with loud shift, which negates any need to draw attention to herself. So as she stands, she straightens out her coat and lifts her chin. Having grown up in a large family-Clan, speaking in front of an audience is no hindrance to her here. Especially because she holds genuine care for all of Halo's citizens. All of them. "Hello, everyone," she addresses the room, letting her gaze sweep across the myriad of faces present, "for those of you who don't know me, my name is Shaye Alexander, though perhaps some of you know me better as Shaye Flynn. While I'm here to speak on behalf of my family today, I also speak with concern for all of Halo's people. I don't know of anyone that is unhappy with your leadership, Morgan, but I do not see fault in you that I don't see in anyone else here..." Perhaps an olive branch extended, but for now she doesn't think uprooting leadership is going to do Halo any favors, so really it's more of an attempt to squash that whole suggestion.

"In light of what this gentleman has said, I do pose a sort of... question - for all of you," she pauses for a moment, then continues, "if we are to remain a neutral region, there will be no lack of complications. For instance..." her tone is careful, hoping not to incite anger or rile anyone, "will our Ascended citizens continue with neutrality when the war begins? If I'm not mistaken, the Voice summoned all Ascended to fight in LongNight. Now, I have no ill will toward them. I do not see race or sides when I look at all of you, I see people," and her gaze holds no deceit as she glances toward Morgan and Neron, "But... a concern I think we should all consider is that something like that may happen again. The Ascended, as we all know, are far more at risk than any of us - should they lose the war. I find it.. hard to believe they would not fight for their lives when the time comes. I know that I certainly would, and I couldn't blame anyone for that."

"Now, I don't think that a single individual's decisions should reflect on all of Halo. But what happens when half of our ranks are gone because they've decided to or are forced to fight after all?"

And she isn't here to make her own conclusions or assertions, it's posed just as she intended; a question, or a topic of discussion, since this is meant to be an open forum.
Lost in a labyrinth and left with no way out
I built this hall of mirrors all myself

Messages In This Thread
Offense or Defense - by Morgan - 12-28-2021, 11:15 PM
RE: Offense or Defense - by Sah - 12-29-2021, 01:35 AM
RE: Offense or Defense - by Neron - 12-29-2021, 04:02 PM
RE: Offense or Defense - by Shaye - 12-31-2021, 07:04 PM
RE: Offense or Defense - by Kiada - 01-03-2022, 07:48 PM
RE: Offense or Defense - by Morgan - 01-06-2022, 06:00 PM
RE: Offense or Defense - by Sah - 01-06-2022, 06:19 PM
RE: Offense or Defense - by Shaye - 01-09-2022, 08:32 AM
RE: Offense or Defense - by Kiada - 01-10-2022, 07:25 AM