Seasons don't fear the reaper
Bastien
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
BASTIEN

"Perhaps I should visit - do you recommend anywhere in particular?" Bastien asked, thinking he might take a walk while he could still move freely and with relative confidence he wouldn't be engaged in a fight. Maybe he could take Azrael.

How did one explain the Core? Bastien barely understood the entity and it's relationship to the Voice himself. He took in a breath (and made sure to breathe afterwards, suddenly realising his lack of doing so would mark him out as different) and stared ahead at the smooth black wall as he tried to find the words. "Honestly, I am not entirely sure, but the Core is...a part of the Voice, yet also separate. Something she draws power from, or...maybe something her Ascended are connected to?" He shrugged. "And ah...I don't...think so? I was not here for very long prior to the barrier falling. I know the Core was freed by a group of Ascended that climbed this Spire."

While this whole conversation rested on a lie, Bastien still felt good when he saw the smile on Anju's face. They weren't as different as the world wanted them to be. "An Outlander. I arrived here some years ago and have made it my home since. It is...nowhere as grand as where I come from, but people's hearts are the same." It had been comforting to find that many of the ideas and habits in Caido were the same as on Earth, if under different names.

"I am Bastien De Rosieres. It is nice to meet you, Anju. Have you been to the Grounds before?"
Still my heart is heavy
With the hate of some other man's beliefs

Messages In This Thread
Seasons don't fear the reaper - by Anju - 12-29-2021, 08:03 PM
RE: Seasons don't fear the reaper - by Bastien - 12-29-2021, 08:23 PM
RE: Seasons don't fear the reaper - by Anju - 01-02-2022, 04:21 AM
RE: Seasons don't fear the reaper - by Bastien - 01-02-2022, 09:43 PM
RE: Seasons don't fear the reaper - by Anju - 01-07-2022, 05:33 PM
RE: Seasons don't fear the reaper - by Bastien - 01-11-2022, 05:47 PM
RE: Seasons don't fear the reaper - by Anju - 01-18-2022, 04:50 AM
RE: Seasons don't fear the reaper - by Bastien - 01-18-2022, 08:39 PM
RE: Seasons don't fear the reaper - by Anju - 01-25-2022, 06:41 AM