[se] like starting over
Shaye Alexander
Furrier

Age: 31 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Shaye

She eyes him curiously at the mention of a calm pool further down the bay. Did he mean to teach her to swim? A point of interest but, not one she wishes to commit to just yet. She isn't sure if she is more hesitant about Deimos and his own instrumental measures, or the unpredictability of the ocean waters. This meeting would surely settle that debate.

Deimos' laugh is a sound that both echoes and hammers, spreading over the sands and shuddering through the light surrounding them. It reminds her faintly of her brothers, the way their laughter would similarly thunder through the earth. She eyes him with a fainter smile, watching how his chest reverberates the sound, until it fades. Then she hums a soft, amused sound of agreement, "Your companions both look very well taken care of. I've always wanted to have one of my own." Her tone on the last comment is wistful as she spares a glance toward the dark mare lingering on the edges of the firelight, aware that she is watching. Casting her gaze back over Deimos, she adds, "My father's hawk is a formidable hunter. I admire him, love him as one loves a brother. But it isn't the same bond. And, I believe he prefers men anyway," she chuckles at that, her chin jutting upward.

She turns her attentions to the grapes in the same moment he does, reaching for the same branch. Just as he pulls it away, she inclines forward to snag a single, round fruit off the end playfully. As she crushes the grape between her lips, she isn't sure why she did it. There's more than enough to share.

He says something that seems normal enough for her, enough that she doesn't catch it like he does. But he loses his smile to the depths of his dark beard, and she wonders, and her smile wanes too. She says little else for a moment, until he tells her more about himself. Growing up beside the ocean, yet finding that it wasn't where he belonged. He indulges in the grapes and Shaye tears off a vine for herself then, commenting, "Mm, the mountains are far better. Your instincts are right."

She holds the vine in one hand for now, setting aside her partially-eaten bread. "You miss it," she observes, presumes, and thusly points it out (it isn't hard for her to figure out, she would too). Sighing softly, she decides, "let us talk about it last, then. I am very curious as to what sort of monsters you want to hunt. Though, to be honest, I think some of us would benefit from specialized training, and preparation, first. Myself included," she plucks a grape off, spinning it between her thumb and forefinger as she looks back up at him with a sharper smirk, "You don't really plan on letting that girl - Paige? - hunt monsters... do you?"
'cause it's all we know and it's only change

Messages In This Thread
[se] like starting over - by Deimos - 01-01-2022, 07:22 PM
RE: [se] like starting over - by Shaye - 01-02-2022, 12:12 AM
RE: [se] like starting over - by Deimos - 01-02-2022, 12:40 AM
RE: [se] like starting over - by Shaye - 01-02-2022, 02:40 AM
RE: [se] like starting over - by Deimos - 01-02-2022, 11:53 AM
RE: [se] like starting over - by Shaye - 01-06-2022, 09:30 AM
RE: [se] like starting over - by Deimos - 01-06-2022, 11:24 AM
RE: [se] like starting over - by Shaye - 01-09-2022, 12:32 AM
RE: [se] like starting over - by Deimos - 01-09-2022, 01:21 AM
RE: [se] like starting over - by Shaye - 01-09-2022, 09:39 AM