[se] like starting over
Shaye Alexander
Furrier

Age: 31 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Shaye

"A good name, then. My mother believes that your name predicts what you'll become, like fate," she tilts her head back up to admire the unicorn one more time before the conversation continues onward about the matter of Abandoned prayers going unanswered by the Gods. He rises to his feet, bringing her attention fully back upon his tall frame. "And which one Attuned you? Wait, let me guess..." She presses her lips together thoughtfully, tasting remnants of honey on them, "Ludo?" Maybe it was a wild guess, or maybe she was trying to draw a conclusion from what she knew of him so far.

She eyes him with a mischievous glint in her eyes as he looks over at her, only for it to fade as it seems to take a minute for him to realize the joke. Then he laughs, and her grin returns, lighthearted in nature. Deimos' laughter fades into the night as the cooked bird is taken from the flame. She watches with interest as plates and utensils appear from, well, not-nowhere. Taking the plate gently, she settles it in her lap to eat and talk more - now about the matters he was hoping to bring up. But for the question that given to her, she doesn't yet touch the food.

We, he says, and Shaye's narrowed gaze falters at that. Deimos, Hotaru, Noah, apparently Cordelia as well; all of the people they had lost in because of political discord. Banished for their actions against the Warden. The chaos and terror that had ensued, those unprepared fleeing to the ends of the ice. But Shaye had been among those who'd remained, as she always would. Blame it on sentiment, faulted loyalty, too many ties.

"My family's lineage dates back to the beginning of Halo," she begins, "'we are as much a part of it as the mountains, the ice, the Ursur that roam the tundra.' That's what my father used to tell us, before my brothers died. And he would want me to swear myself to the Old Gods; to say that I'll raise my bow in their honor and lay down my life to protect the world they've created," she can hear the words spoken in his voice as if he had said them. She pauses for a short time, blinking downward toward the sands between them and garnering a moment of silence for her fallen family. Shaye knows she could never amount to what her father had wanted and, for all that she tried, she would always fail. Lifting her gaze back up, she finally answers Deimos' question, "But I stand with Halo first and foremost; I stand with the people. Because I know that, without them, there is no Halo. Wherever the war leads, I will be there to make sure my home remains standing-" untouched, preferably, but who was to know where the wiles of war would lead the masses, where the extent of destruction would cease, or where scorning Gods would set their sights... Would invisible lines on a map even matter, in the end? "-or else fall with it..." her tone dampens at that, her gaze diverting again. One thing remains clear, though: she would not leave her homeland, no matter what ties Morgan - or whomever - decided upon.
'cause it's all we know and it's only change

Messages In This Thread
[se] like starting over - by Deimos - 01-01-2022, 07:22 PM
RE: [se] like starting over - by Shaye - 01-02-2022, 12:12 AM
RE: [se] like starting over - by Deimos - 01-02-2022, 12:40 AM
RE: [se] like starting over - by Shaye - 01-02-2022, 02:40 AM
RE: [se] like starting over - by Deimos - 01-02-2022, 11:53 AM
RE: [se] like starting over - by Shaye - 01-06-2022, 09:30 AM
RE: [se] like starting over - by Deimos - 01-06-2022, 11:24 AM
RE: [se] like starting over - by Shaye - 01-09-2022, 12:32 AM
RE: [se] like starting over - by Deimos - 01-09-2022, 01:21 AM
RE: [se] like starting over - by Shaye - 01-09-2022, 09:39 AM