[se] like starting over
Shaye Alexander
Furrier

Age: 31 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Shaye

Shaye's nose wrinkles slightly as he counters, and she wonders still if she should be offended. The Flynn temper is a thing of legend, after all. A family full of hardy hunters, proud and foolishly brave and hard of heart; they'd always found reasons to explode, impulses to feed. But Shaye had always decided to be different - for many reasons, and so she won't begrudge Deimos for speaking his mind.

He asks a very pointed question about the Gods' permissions and Shaye's gaze flickers thoughtfully. "They wouldn't condemn it, surely?" Her brows furrow with uncertainty, as she looks down and to the side, "I don't pretend to know them but I like to think they're capable of some mercy and forethought."

Shaye recognizes her own concerns in Deimos' words. She reflects on Kiada's and Neron's answers to that very accusation, answers that had still eluded to the inevitable. "I don't think the Voice will force them to fight this war," she says with a little more confidence, watching him, "I was worried about that too, and I said as much in a recent council meeting. But they said it had always been their choice. They said everything had.." How complex and deep that rabbit hole was, she didn't rightly know. "But we can only take their word for that. I do believe that Ascended everywhere will fight for the Voice. Whether they fight for her somewhere else, or in Halo, I strongly believe they'll end up fighting," she reaches for a small roll and adds it to her plate, "if your entire existence was at stake, would you hide away in a shelter? Wait things out?" It's a painfully rhetorical question because they both know the answer. "I was unable to say this in the meeting because I feared I was outnumbered. But I don't think they see how the Ascended might endanger the rest of us; they may very well use our neutrality to their own advantages," she finishes speaking and bites a piece off the roll, maintaining Deimos' gaze.

And she watches as he sets his sights upon the sands, drawing shapes in it that are both familiar and different. He has many plans, it would seem. Her brows hint upward, impressed by the thought that had gone into these things. "A stronghold," she echoes quietly, the edge of a smile curling her lip as she stares at the map in the sand. The Flynn in her really likes his ideas - way better than anything else she's heard thus far. "So you'll cast out Morgan and the Ascended? Or will you negotiate?" A brow raises, wondering what the method of re-obtaining power would be. "If I recall, last time, she came back with more Ascended ... and what happened after that could hardly be called a battle..." she looks him up and down, a small frown taking over any hint of ambition or entertainment of his ideas, "Why did you all run? Why not turn and fight for what you'd claimed?" Moreso, she wonders if it will just happen over again; rinse and repeat.
'cause it's all we know and it's only change

Messages In This Thread
[se] like starting over - by Deimos - 01-01-2022, 07:22 PM
RE: [se] like starting over - by Shaye - 01-02-2022, 12:12 AM
RE: [se] like starting over - by Deimos - 01-02-2022, 12:40 AM
RE: [se] like starting over - by Shaye - 01-02-2022, 02:40 AM
RE: [se] like starting over - by Deimos - 01-02-2022, 11:53 AM
RE: [se] like starting over - by Shaye - 01-06-2022, 09:30 AM
RE: [se] like starting over - by Deimos - 01-06-2022, 11:24 AM
RE: [se] like starting over - by Shaye - 01-09-2022, 12:32 AM
RE: [se] like starting over - by Deimos - 01-09-2022, 01:21 AM
RE: [se] like starting over - by Shaye - 01-09-2022, 09:39 AM