but you still know who you are
Open!
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 35 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Evie
i'll plant a row of daisy seeds
in the space beneath each eye
Evie's little smile turns into a wry, chagrined grimace. "Ah, yes, I'd heard of that particular lightshow. Admittedly I'm also surprised, though no less grateful." Though she'd abandoned it willingly at the time, losing her apothecary would have scored her heart open regardless. So many years of memories. Growth both physical and metaphorical. It has been her haven for so many years now she cannot conceive of calling the Wordsworth Manor 'home' in a way that bears the same weight.

Luck, as the stranger had called it, had kept those heavier musings from being necessary however. Which is a good thing considering it allows the Fireheart's humor to land properly in the moments before her curiosity catches up. Evie gives a conspiratorial quirk of her lips and beckons Aurelia further into the shop as she spins gracefully and waves the woman forward with a flick of her wrist over her shoulder. "Come, help me dust up a bit and I'll consider it a fair trade for some hot gossip," she bids with the air of someone confident and used to having it all together.

Hooking her foot around the trash bin beneath her main work table, Evie pulls it into the open and begins sweeping dropped leaves in with broad sweeps of her bare palms. "As you heard, I'm Evie. Evie Wordsworth. My family is one of the oldest in the Grounds, and I started this apothecary rather young." A fond eye is spared the solidly built building, head shaking with amusement as she goes back to her work. "Most everyone out there has ended up here for skinned knees, sunburns, colds..." waving a hand to imply 'et cetera'. "My brother Sam owns the bookstore down the way. And after LongNight one year, I was rather unexpectedly made Queen." Her face darkens and she pauses, dirty fingers fiddling with a stray vine, dried up and brittle.

"But I went to visit Ludo not long after, and...well, I left. I had to face things I wasn't ready to, and for once I wanted to put myself first." But she had abandoned them in the end, and Evie is ashamed of that. It's easier to tell Aurelia somehow since the woman is not a native - to Caido or the Grounds - though she is still ill-versed in the art of honesty. Still, solitude and soul-searching weren't entirely useless in that endeavor. If they had been, she would've returned much sooner.
so they'll remind you of your beauty
when they bloom each time you cry

Messages In This Thread
but you still know who you are - by Evie - 01-01-2022, 07:44 PM
RE: but you still know who you are - by Aurelia - 01-04-2022, 06:30 AM
RE: but you still know who you are - by Evie - 01-07-2022, 07:11 PM
RE: but you still know who you are - by Aurelia - 01-09-2022, 04:15 AM
RE: but you still know who you are - by Evie - 01-25-2022, 06:55 AM