{SE} tiptoe through the tulips with me
Shaye Alexander
Furrier

Age: 31 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Shaye

If Shaye was going to begin hunting monsters, or anything beyond the cold reaches of Halo, she needed to get a better idea of what the rest of the world was like. Granted, she may have been taking the wrong approach. It didn't sit well with her to begin with. Going into the jungles alone, unfamiliar with the depths, armed only with a bow, leathers, and her own skills. She might've normally brought a hawk with her, but it was at home in Halo. The density of the jungle vines here would have made it impossible for any bird to fly at length, anyway.

She isn't tracking anything in particular, not until she finds scattered footprints and evidence of another person. They lead through, over, under the canopy of ever-changing vines. Shaye has to pick her way carefully after them in order not to lose herself. So it's only reasonable that it takes her a bit of time to actually find the person that left the trail.

And when she does, she makes no move to sneak up on them. Her motions through the undergrowth remain quiet, not wanting to attract unwanted attention, but she parts the vines to reveal her own frame from the undergrowth. The person crouched down over the earth is strikingly familiar, someone Shaye recognizes from home. Someone she hasn't seen or heard much of in quite some time, thought to have left but she didn't really know.

"Is that... Cordelia?" Her voice is a hushed whisper-yell, not meaning to impede the woman's hunt, but her surprise can't be stifled. "What are you doing here?"
Lost in a labyrinth and left with no way out
I built this hall of mirrors all myself

Messages In This Thread
RE: {SE} tiptoe through the tulips with me - by Shaye - 01-02-2022, 01:55 AM