you can’t turn back the clock
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Uneasy lies the head – unfaithful is the heart
Ungrateful and unlucky and untrue
There’d been little more to say than when and where?

So here Hotaru is. Half of a fated pair. Awaiting Aurelia beside Ludo’s shrine. She is already kneeling before it, hands folded in her lap and head bowed. Praying, yes, but also contemplating this entire sequence of events. She may be partially Attuned now, but Hotaru knows that small favor is tainted as she is sworn to Frey. Like a mark that every Attuned wears, visible only to the other Gods.

As she hears the approach of another, Hotaru’s eyes slowly open, and she turns to take her first look at Aurelia since they last saw each other in that jail cell. She carries herself differently. It’s a better look on her than the rangy, hunted look Hotaru had once known on her. Still, she is here. She has kept to her word. That is what matters.

Rising, Ru brushes her dress free idly of any clinging plant debris before turning to face Aurelia straight on. “Remi has already warned me before when I entertained this idea that the cost may be too great to pay,” her melodic voice reaches out, filling the space between them. An olive branch, allowing them to leave what they’d written in letters to lie on paper and ink alone. “This may be your quest, but as my companion, and my soul he was once tied to, the burden may be asked of either of us.” Inhaling slowly, the Valkyrie gives a tiny smile, the somber nature of this meeting oppressive and stifling. “If it is too great a cost…I will not begrudge you turning away.” Then she extends her hand, for Aurelia to take if she desires, and turns to kneel at the shrine.

From her bag she retrieves a beautiful silk cloth. Unwrapping it, she holds Atlas’ dark horn in her hands. Gifted to her by Seren, who had held his body on her island. Laying it on her lap, she then lays out her offerings - shiny metal spinning toys, and a hand painted, well-preserved bird skull. Then she waits for Aurelia to speak.

- - -

If Aurelia’s roll is unsuccessful, paying for a god quest with MP!
And no one saw me coming, and no one saw me go
HOTARU
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
you can’t turn back the clock - by Hotaru - 01-03-2022, 12:20 AM
RE: you can’t turn back the clock - by Aurelia - 01-03-2022, 01:28 AM
RE: you can’t turn back the clock - by Ludo - 01-05-2022, 05:07 PM
RE: you can’t turn back the clock - by Hotaru - 01-06-2022, 11:19 PM
RE: you can’t turn back the clock - by Aurelia - 01-07-2022, 12:59 AM
RE: you can’t turn back the clock - by Ludo - 01-07-2022, 07:36 PM
RE: you can’t turn back the clock - by Aurelia - 01-08-2022, 05:44 AM