[SE] since the flowers stopped smelling
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia

Her gaze lifts to spot the way he touches a mark on his neck, squinting upon realizing what it is. But he holds his hand out to her and, at first, she doesn't really know what he's doing it for. It's few and far between that someone offers her such a friendly physical gesture so, though her hesitation is palpable, she takes it. And she feels awkward about it the whole time. "I guess I was the only person she could think of in Torchline that might..." she says thoughtfully, though in truth she isn't sure. Was it Wessex's last ditch effort at seeing if Aurelia could be swayed? Or was it truly a desperate plea from someone with no other options left?

He clarifies that he's just here for a bit and his 'place' is actually a room at an inn. "Makes sense," she remarks as they begin walking in step with each other. When they enter the building, she lets go of his arm and peers around at the place. It's homey and simple, with candles lit here and there to mark the way to his room. Still, it feels empty, aside from the innkeeper - who is reading a book at their desk.

Locke sheds his unnecessary layers but Aurelia isn't here to stay, and she certainly isn't here to gawk at his undressed torso. So his wound goes unnoticed, at first, and her outer layers remain on. She merely finds a seat beside a small table and, using her magics, ignites the lamp set upon it to give them some better lighting.

"Got any rum in here? Or are we supposed to talk about this sober?" She asks, ignoring his question for a few moments. Once the air seems to have stilled, she explains, "I guess she found out that the Priest from Stormbreak kidnapped and murdered some of her family. She described them as children. I'm not really sure what that means considering they're Ascended... but I trust her perspective," considering Ascended could remain youthful but continue aging, "I think she's tangled up in trying to help them, which is why she couldn't get word out herself, and asked me," she sighs, "that's why I'm here. To tell Isla." But not before she stirred some shit in Torchline beforehand... thaaat's the part she needs rum to talk about.
looking in the mirror, drop of rum on my tongue
with the warning to help me see myself clearer

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SE] since the flowers stopped smelling - by Aurelia - 01-05-2022, 04:35 AM