[SE] since the flowers stopped smelling
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
LOCKE
Driving faster in my car
Falling farther from just what we are
Locke holds his glass up with a scoff, "Cheers to bein' assholes." The rest of the glass is knocked back with a hiss before being set down. This time he just goes for the bottle, dropping whatever stupid decorum he thought he needed to have with her. He takes a swig, letting it seep into his bones. "Who is this fuckin' Oracle anyway.." He had been there but he hadn't seen anything, only heard. The chess bit makes him laugh, full bellied before he shakes his head. "Gods already playin' us like chess. Fuck, Safrin even got herself two queens. S'gotta be illegal or somethin'."

"Hey, he was the first to bite me too. Can't say I punched him though.." Quite the contrary honestly. It's almost embarrassing to think about now. "Gotta say I fuckin' love it. If I wasn't tied down, I'd probably just stay here and I dunno. Whore myself out for it." He should probably evaluate this budding addiction but he'd rather not. "Told you I was a masochist though." He gives her a little wink, despite how serious their conversation is. A long time ago, he'd told her the same thing. He wonders if she remembers.

Locke listens to what she says despite the growing fuzz in his brain. "I don't plan on taking any of this lightly." He may be prone to playing around, flirtation, all of that but this was serious and he could be serious. Probably. "I jus' gotta talk to him about what he plans to do with the Ascended. Should be easy enough. Sure he wants everyone to know. Plus, m'sure Maeve can write me up some kinda.. Letter or something. Make it official Torchline business. Plus, she might be interested to know about the shrine bein' destroyed. 'Specially if you witnessed it." He's mostly thinking outload right now. Politics have never been his forte and he plans to keep it that way.

"Fear fucks people up so much more than what they're afraid of, usually." He holds his hand out to her, wiggling his fingers in mimicry of her's. "Gimme one of your cigs. I'm out." And he needs a cig for this talk. The booze helps but not enough.

She talks of Maeve, ignoring his attempt at ignoring that line of thought. He frowns, turning away from her to look at the wall across from him. But he listens, even if it appears as though he doesn't. "Seems like I kept leaving pretty big voids in her life. You, Sunjata, Jack." His words are disjointed, thoughts not expressed as quickly as he's thinking them. "I think she's just scared. Like everyone. Especially after what happened with Sunjata. Maybe. I haven't seen her since I found out."

Locke's head rolls to one side, facing her again as he searches her face. He finds her gaze and attempts to hold it, "Well, you didn't lose me. Know it's not much of a consolation prize but.." He shrugs, turning back to the wall. "Joined the Ark too."
Smoke a cigarette and lie some more
These conversations kill

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SE] since the flowers stopped smelling - by Locke - 01-09-2022, 04:24 AM