but I always thought I'd see you again
Sam
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
there's an ocean in my body
there's a river in my soul
"Oh. Oh...Gods." As the reality of what Amun said really descended on him, Sam shook his head lately, unsure if there was anything he could even begin to say that was appropriate for this situation. What Amun described was unlike anything he'd ever experienced, something nightmarish and almost ludicrously dark. "I'm...sorry." It felt limp and not enough even as it left his lips.

Messing around with the kettle and cups more than he needed to, just wanting something to do with his hands, Sam looked at the door and nodded. "Well, you...must be very glad to be back, then? It's nice that you came to see me. I...was very worried, about you, this whole time. I asked Wessex where you'd gone and she didn't know, and with the Order around nowadays, I assumed..." He shrugged, not wanting to say it.

"I wish I had good things to tell you that have happened in the meantime." Between the coming war, the Ascended deaths, the very recent disappearance of the Voice (yes, he gained a power, but he never felt settled when their Goddess was gone)...it was not a comforting time.
if I see a sign in the sky tonight
No one's gonna tell me it's a trick of the light
SAMuEL

Messages In This Thread
but I always thought I'd see you again - by Amun - 01-27-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: but I always thought I'd see you again - by Samuel - 01-31-2022, 09:01 PM