it doesn't have to be perfect
Varus Callahan
Assassin / Hollowed Grounds Captain

Age: 347 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
VARUS
say a prayer, but let the good times roll
in case god doesn't show
I agree.” The Captain replies quickly, letting his metal fingers drift through her touch, slipping in to drift along the edge of her face, before he tugs her a bit closer, wrapping his not metal arm around her shoulders. “I’m sure she’s got a good reason.” He offers, though he can’t think of what. It isn’t his place to, really. He’s always known he’s more of a grunt than a mastermind, assassin or not. He knows what he’s useful for and it certainly isn’t the big big picture. A wider picture than just any other soldier, but not as wide as the Voice needed to think on.

So either way, her gaze has dropped to the ground, her worries out in the open and he nestles closer to her, leaning into her to press a kiss to her temple just beside the daisy he’d plucked and put there. “Honestly, Isla? I think… That’s a reasonable fear.” He admits with a frown, knowing it isn’t what she wants to hear. “Maybe avoiding him until the end of the season when you can ask the Voice and learn more about it might help?” If nothing else, an idea of whether it was willing or not would be helpful. And despite that, Varus had only ever known the Voice for giving her Bright Ones a choice.

It's just… Sometimes decisions made in wartimes were less than ideal. So he takes a deep breath he doesn’t need, tugs her a bit closer so they can keep walking. “I’m sure he'll understand. I could talk to him in your place if you’d rather it be face to face. Gods know he’d probably squish me like a bug.” This is said with a small playful and crooked smile, hoping to brighten the mood at least a little bit (even if it’s at his own disposal).
and i want these words to make things right,
but it's the wrongs that make the words come to life

Messages In This Thread
it doesn't have to be perfect - by Isla - 02-09-2022, 07:13 PM
RE: it doesn't have to be perfect - by Varus - 02-09-2022, 07:34 PM
RE: it doesn't have to be perfect - by Isla - 02-12-2022, 12:02 PM
RE: it doesn't have to be perfect - by Varus - 02-15-2022, 06:04 AM
RE: it doesn't have to be perfect - by Isla - 02-19-2022, 11:31 AM
RE: it doesn't have to be perfect - by Varus - 02-20-2022, 04:16 AM
RE: it doesn't have to be perfect - by Isla - 02-20-2022, 06:03 PM
RE: it doesn't have to be perfect - by Varus - 02-21-2022, 05:02 PM
RE: it doesn't have to be perfect - by Isla - 02-21-2022, 07:31 PM