The brightest light casts the darkest shadows
for Maea
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5720
Knowing now that Maea's vision pained her, Jigano no longer wondered why she looked away, even if she couldn't see the sympathy on his face. "I am sorry," he said softly as she explained her symptoms. "I cannot imagine how frightening that must be." On his world there had been ways to compensate for such a lack, but Caido was more primitive in a great many ways. Catching the solemnity of the moment, Isuma stopped her hunt-and-pounce of his lace and sat back, looking up at the two tall humans with confused, slightly worried golden eyes.

He hadn't expected Maea to be so blunt, but in some ways it was a little refreshing, even if her opinion made him wince a little. Then again, was it really Isla who had come back to them? Or had the change in her body done something to her mind as well? "I don't... entirely disagree with you," he admitted cautiously. "Making deals with the gods is a dangerous game at the best of times." As he well knew. 'Dreamless one,' Ludo had called him, a reminder of his own transaction with the masked god. "And the one who did so has a history of trading pieces of himself to Ludo in exchange for gifts and favors. I have no idea what he could have given away this time, though." He didn't bother hiding his frown, a mix of exasperation, frustration, and genuine worry for Remi simmering uncomfortably in his stomach. The boy had gotten himself in too deep this time, Jigano knew, and he didn't know how to save him from the consequences of his decisions. Damn the young fool anyways for making the bard care in spite of himself.

"But I suppose... if you had something you were willing to trade... perhaps one of the gods might be willing to answer you?" he suggested hesitantly. "Though, I'm not sure which of the four would be ideal for you to pray to. I've only had dealings with Ludo, and I've witnessed others meeting with the Voice, but Frey and Safrin are largely unknown to me." Gods of sex and hedonism, from what he'd been told, and seen of Safrin's priest. He couldn't help but doubt their ability to help much, but even a small hope was better than none.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The brightest light casts the darkest shadows - by Jigano - 03-01-2019, 03:16 PM