Arms deep in a wishing well
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5720
Remi's surprise didn't go unnoticed, and it tickled a grim sort of amusement in Jigano's chest that had Isuma peeping softly in concern. He had never been the sort of humble that Remi was, subsuming his own desires in sad smiles and attempts to make everyone but himself happy. But the desire to help others, even to his own expense, to take the weight of the world on his shoulders so others wouldn't have to, the innocent hopefulness that he had lost... No, not everything was the same, but there were enough similarities that he didn't wish to see the alchemist take the dark roads he had, step by oblivious step until it had been too late to turn back.

"Perhaps," the bard agreed, giving the younger man a nod. "In time. But... more slowly this time, I think." There was the flicker of a smile about his lips, a reminder of how he had pushed Remi, even when not intending to. Slowing down a bit would be good for both of them, whether or not true friendship ever developed between them. Cordiality, though, seemed a reasonable enough place to start - and not a terrible place to end, if it came to that.

"The Guild is... I would like to say that it is strong, but Isla..." he sighed, leaning against the doorframe as his smile slipped away to somber confusion over the complication of his feelings. "Sam said that she had been killed, and that you did something to bring her back as a unicorn." He shook his head, still not sure what to think about the tale. "I saw you and... well, something that looked like a horse in the infirmary before the spark bird arrived but... I won't pretend to understand, or that it's easy to get used to. But for bringing her back - no matter her shape - I am intensely grateful to you, Remi." He offered as much of a bow as he could safely manage, with a gryphon on one shoulder and a flaming feather in his hand.

///

Jigano was, admittedly, relieved when Remi chose not to break another piece of glassware, even a magically conjured one. He let the younger man make himself comfortable, patient and unhurried as the alchemist decided whether or not to share his tale. Hearing what had happened, however, brief and unvarnished as it was, had him sucking in a sharp breath, a frown briefly flitting over his features before he smoothed it away. He swallowed hard, however, and gave a little shake of his head at the glance Remi gave him, reading at least some of what the younger man intended with it.

Silently, he stepped over to set the shotglasses of pumpkin spiced vodka down on a box within reach, then claimed one for himself, examining the orange-tinged liquid through the glass and slanting a covert glance at Remi as he did so. "No, I don't imagine that will go well..." he said at last, taking a slow sip and letting the burn of it on his tongue focus his thoughts. "Who knew," he said softly, "that it was here? That you didn't leave it at your home or some safe hiding spot for Long Night? Or that you had it at all? Those of us who were gathered to test the barrier with you, of course but... was there anyone else? Several of the mages were strangers to me, and I don't know how far they could be trusted, but I assume you know them better?"

Messages In This Thread
Arms deep in a wishing well - by Remi - 02-27-2019, 03:47 PM
RE: Arms deep in a wishing well - by Jigano - 02-27-2019, 04:12 PM
RE: Arms deep in a wishing well - by Remi - 02-27-2019, 04:21 PM
RE: Arms deep in a wishing well - by Jigano - 02-27-2019, 06:10 PM
RE: Arms deep in a wishing well - by Remi - 02-27-2019, 06:40 PM
RE: Arms deep in a wishing well - by Jigano - 02-27-2019, 10:10 PM
RE: Arms deep in a wishing well - by Remi - 02-28-2019, 05:00 PM
RE: Arms deep in a wishing well - by Jigano - 03-02-2019, 06:23 AM
RE: Arms deep in a wishing well - by Remi - 03-02-2019, 11:55 PM
RE: Arms deep in a wishing well - by Jigano - 03-03-2019, 05:56 PM
RE: Arms deep in a wishing well - by Remi - 03-04-2019, 02:11 AM