burn 'em up and scatter their remains
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my love affair with water runs deep into my soul,
the serenity as intense as the tides ebb and flow
The day had started out promisingly: bright sun (though for an Ascended that was as much a blessing as a curse), blue sky, beautiful calm (maybe deceptively so) sea. Amun was still in search of potential new dyes, and this time he was combing the beaches along Torchline for potential materials. He'd spotted a sandbar just off the coast and after trying to examine it he'd decided to set out.

So he'd rolled up the cuffs of his pants and taken off his boots. Letting the shoes dangle from his fingertips, he'd scooped up Zhanshi, who snapped his teeth at the potter and then at the water. "I know, I know, I'm sorry," the Ascended cooed at his companion. Amun made sure to hold the landshark far away from the spray as the potter waded out.

Eventually they made it and he released his companion, who dropped down into the sand. However, the Ascended had been so focused on Zhanshi and making it out that Amun hadn't been watching the skies. When the first Hel swooped down, he thought nothing of it. Nor the second. It was only when the third and fourth tried to land on his shoulders that he looked up and saw the full flock circling.

And, as he watched another one dive, he saw its eyes trained on his companion. "Oy!" he shouted, waving his hands. "He's not food you dumb birds." The little landshark, of course, never one to shy from a challenge, launched out of the ground again, heading straight for the descending bird.

So it was the Ascended found himself trying to fend off his own companion with one hand and some seagulls with delusions of grandeur with the other. Amun turned his body to try and shield Zhanshi while also keeping his fingers out of nipping distance of the landshark's mouth. He could feel wings buffeting at him and the squawks of the Hels directly above and behind him. Then he growled as he felt something plop onto his cheek and start to slide down his neck.

Great.

He'd been pooped on.
nothing is softer or more flexible than water,
yet nothing can resist it
AMUN

Messages In This Thread
burn 'em up and scatter their remains - by Maeve - 02-23-2022, 01:15 AM
RE: burn 'em up and scatter their remains - by Amun - 02-23-2022, 01:54 AM