we have flown too close to the sun
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
you wouldn't even recognize me anymore
not that you knew me back then
The nearest New Gods shrine is in Torchline, and for better or worse, that’s where Wessex ends up when she flees the wreckage of the Tower. Covered in ash and colored slate grey by debris, she looks more like the victim of some terrible natural disaster than the demigod that she is. And even though the sea is right there, an easy dunk in the ocean away, she stands numbly at the grotto’s edge instead for… Goddess knows how long.

Sam. Dead.
Edy. Dead.
Nate. Dead. A temporary condition, but her greatest fear is that without a body to inhabit, that’s impossible.

Has it been burned? Crushed? Stolen and mutilated and desecrated? Daylight starts to filter in, and still, she stands, trapped in her own mind and replaying it all again and again and again.

The Wraith has never been one for hysterics, and that rings true even now. She somehow finds a wall, and then her back also finds that wall, and then her ass finds the floor, until she’s staring up at the Voice’s statue. “Please, Lady,” she whispers, as her hands fall between her knees and her head rolls back against the cool stone. “I need you.”

She has never felt more like a failure.
but it all comes back to me in the end
WESSEX

Messages In This Thread
we have flown too close to the sun - by Wessex - 03-10-2022, 09:46 PM