we have flown too close to the sun
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
you wouldn't even recognize me anymore
not that you knew me back then
Finding her Lady’s gaze, Wessex jaw tightens as well. It’s true, she is protective of their family, to some of her sibling’s annoyance, she’s sure. And what the Goddess says about the body - it eases some fears, but not much, because in the end, she does think they would be cruel and vengeful enough to keep a body.

“I wanted Stormbreak and the Order to feel the way we felt. To feel that kind of helplessness and loss. I wanted them to be afraid, maybe to say it isn’t worth it anymore. But with the Tower falling, I'm afraid that all I’ll have done is given the rest of the world more fuel for their hatred.” Tucking a stiff strand of hair behind her ear, her chin finds a resting place against her knuckles and she shrugs. “And that I’ve made it worse for everyone else.”

Because there’s the rub, isn’t it? That the very person who was supposed to protect them had actually gone and made it worse. Or that what they want in exchange for Nate is too big a price to pay. How can she make that kind of decision?

“Gods, I have to tell Sunjata,” she murmurs with a groan, closing her eyes and shaking her head. “Do you know how long Nate will be gone? I think -  what if we try to trick them? Say he isn’t immortal? I mean, they wouldn’t know, would they? There’s no outward sign. Me, I’m sure they expect, but Nate…? Maybe not.” It would probably require quite a lot of coordination across parties, but if everyone has the same story…
but it all comes back to me in the end
WESSEX

Messages In This Thread
we have flown too close to the sun - by Wessex - 03-10-2022, 09:46 PM
RE: we have flown too close to the sun - by Wessex - 03-14-2022, 01:49 AM