we have flown too close to the sun
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
you wouldn't even recognize me anymore
not that you knew me back then
“Yes, of course. There’s no reason for anyone to risk themselve for me.” she says, emphatically. “If I’m ever in a position like Nate - explode me at an opportune moment. A new body make her into Charlize Theron, please will be just fine. This one is - has always been - at your disposal.” Her mind darts to the opportunity the Voice had taken with Mabel in the Draig and finally realizes that that’s what she actually expects to be used for, in the end.

That’s her love for her goddess, and nothing in Wessex had meant for the question to be impetuous or challenging; after what had just happened, all the Wraith knows is that she doesn’t trust her own decisions nearly as much as she used to, and as mortals, they’re flawed and short-sighted. Even here, when she expects the Voice to say something more along the lines of yes, I’m working on something that will blow the herald’s minds out of their celestial bodies.

But that isn’t what is said, and Wessex stills, moved by the generosity and the quickly following reality that it likely won’t come to pass. They wouldn’t wake up again, like Cal did. She isn’t necessarily afraid of that, knowing that it would at least be painless. “If that happens... What about all the Ascended who’ve already come home to you? What will happen to the Core?” Would she be able to see Clem and Rex again? And spend all her days with Azrael’s laughter? Meet Diana Bright?
but it all comes back to me in the end
WESSEX

Messages In This Thread
we have flown too close to the sun - by Wessex - 03-10-2022, 09:46 PM
RE: we have flown too close to the sun - by Wessex - 04-03-2022, 08:18 PM