when my time is up, have I done enough
Jata
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
W E S S E X
She’d cried for Clem - her and Nate, side by side as they’d burned him on a pyre. Just the two of them. She’d cried a bit for Rex, too, though that loss was a bit more selfish that the loss of Clem. The rest? Wessex had clenched her jaw, closed her eyes, and absorbed the loss and gone on with what she had to do because war is loss. War is pain. War is, apparently, telling someone who’s becoming a friend that she couldn’t save his husband.

Her lip unexpectedly trembles and she clenches down, hard. “Ronin got him,” she says quietly, crossing her arms and hugging herself. “He killed him and then the Tower collapsed and buried his body and I had to leave it… I’m sorry, Sunjata, I -” Gods, it’s a good thing there’s a tall rock close by, because the Wraith sinks down to it and holds her head in her hands. “I couldn’t get Ronin to engage with me. He targeted Nate and Nate wouldn’t leave, and I told him to, I did. But it wasn’t enough to overcome wanting to beat the shit out of the Huntsman.

So now she’s here, empty-handed, distraught, but not quite in tears, and she has no idea how to support the Flood should he take the news badly. And she doesn’t know anyone who would take this kind of news well.
The Wraith

Code blatantly stolen from the fantastical, wonderful Odd

Messages In This Thread
RE: when my time is up, have I done enough - by Wessex - 03-14-2022, 02:05 AM