when my time is up, have I done enough
Jata
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
W E S S E X
It appears that Sunjata’s ears are where his head and heart are - with Nate - and not with her, here, where she’s trying to toe the line between being empathetic and understanding and deliver the shittiest of shitty information. “No, you fucking idiot,” she sighs, because at no point had she said anything about being okay with what’s happened. “Be as upset as need to be, but I’m trying to keep you from barging in there and getting killed too” Shaking her head, she tries to keep her voice from matching his. “For all the help you gave us, and a second dragon there, now - no telling what they’d do if they felt threated again. And I’m guessing that you aren’t as a strong as Nate and you won’t be coming back.”

Even if there’s a roaring dragon in his chest. Even if every bit of his body is on fire and he wants to continue to burn down Stormbreak. Even if he wants to take on Ronin - even if all of that is happening at once, he needs to understand that whatever course he’s on is pure stupidity. He might have a different relationship with Remi and Ronin that she does, but her mind - it automatically goes to the worst case scenario, and that’s a reactive pair men.

“If not for yourself, then for the kids.”

Laying on the guilt as thick as a new york deli slathers cream cheese on a bagel, the Wraith isn’t above playing a little dirty. “Now, look - the Voice can bring his consciousness back without his old body. I don’t know the specifics… and she could explode the body, if need be. But she won’t do that kind of thing without your permission. I’m letting you know your options. And that… that maybe playing dumb about his immortality will be in your favor.”

Naturally, she doesn’t know that the Flood was unaware of Nate’s immortality, she just assumes he was so wrapping up in emotion that he didn’t remember. Or that it didn’t matter. Grief hits them all differently.
The Wraith

Code blatantly stolen from the fantastical, wonderful Odd

Messages In This Thread
RE: when my time is up, have I done enough - by Wessex - 03-19-2022, 07:12 PM