when my time is up, have I done enough
Jata
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
W E S S E X
It so clearly isn’t what he wants to hear and it so clearly isn’t what Wessex wants to confirm. But she has to, even as she makes another apologetic grimace and nods slowly. “I think that’s… the best option. Just for a little bit.” Every headlong rush has ended in disaster - but when they make plans - that’s when people tend to stay alive. That’s what Wessex is taking from all of this - that an they need ranged weapons.

Another apology is on the edge of her tongue, but the way the Flood folds in on himself tells her that anything else she has to say probably won’t matter much. It won’t bring Nate back and it won’t change the situation. In her mind, she’s been genuine and it was probably obvious, so what is left? Wessex’s hand falls back to her side and she nods an understanding. “If it affected me at all, I’d want to do that too.” Instead? She just wants her bed and the quite of the Barracks.

But first - Isla.

“I’ll leave you to it, then, while I find Isla. And then we’ll figure it out. Promise.” There’s a twinge of guilt that follows her declaration to leave him to his own devices for a bit - but grief is funny and she knows if she were him, she’d like some privacy.

She moves to pass him, reaching out to gently touch his shoulder, with one last murmur before she goes. “If you need anything - just let me know. I’ll be there.” It’s the least she can do for her brother's temporary widow.

{FIN}
The Wraith

Code blatantly stolen from the fantastical, wonderful Odd

Messages In This Thread
RE: when my time is up, have I done enough - by Wessex - 03-23-2022, 04:00 PM