Interlude with Myth
Caiside Annatar
Blacksmith

Age: 43 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

With the sun returning, and Longnight at an end, Caiside finally had a way to use his pent up energy. He had a list of various tasks he wanted to complete, and at the very top of it was a visit to a shrine, to seek an audience with whatever God would respond to him. It was the first step to getting home, in his mind at least, and it was hard not to feel like he had wasted time already.

Setting off early, Caiside followed the path Jigano had shown him. It felt like so long ago now, especially with hints of new growth peeking up through the last remnants of snow. It seemed to take him much longer as well, but that was a phenomena easily explained by his unwillingness to shift at the moment. He was still injured, and adding extra strain to his shoulder seemed like a poor choice.

The glade, and the shrine it housed, rose up before him, taking Caiside’s breath away just as easily as it had the first time. It wasn’t that was it was impressive by its own merit, not compared to the wild, untamed forests of his home, but the dichotomy between the burst of nature and the wasteland surrounding it made it pop all the more. Caiside took a moment to simply appreciate the area, crouching down to run his fingers over smooth stones and earth.

Caiside hadn’t come here simply for admiration though. After he had taken inhis full of the glade, he approached the stone circle, walking its circumference once to try and glean any clues of worship. Nothing jumped out at him, so he decided to simply do his best, and show all the respect he could.

Shrugging out of his robes, Caiside bared his chest, and chose a flat spot just outside of the circle. He knelt, keeping his heels together to mimic the shape of the circle with his body as much as he was able. The only offering he had to give was a ring, carefully selected from the others that decorated his hand. It was the simplest he wore, a silver loop with a long black stone, forged by his hand and more meaningful to him than he could put into words. Placing it into the stone circle with the utmost care, Caiside clasped his hands together, left on top, left always on top, and lifted them above his head, ignoring the painful objections of his shoulder.

”I do not know your customs, or how to gain your attentions, but I hope what I have done will suffice.” His voice rang out clear and steady, though his eyes stayed low, focused on the ground. ”I seek an audience, or a sign. I wish to humble myself before you, and offer my most reverent services.” Woth his words said,Caiside waited, and hoped for a response.

Caiside
You know how it goes, this story’s been told
again and again
A love, pure and light, that makes stars align
Well that’s not the case here

Messages In This Thread
Interlude with Myth - by Caiside - 03-01-2019, 07:26 PM
RE: Interlude with Myth - by Frey - 03-03-2019, 05:40 PM
RE: Interlude with Myth - by Caiside - 03-03-2019, 09:06 PM
RE: Interlude with Myth - by Frey - 03-04-2019, 12:50 AM
RE: Interlude with Myth - by Caiside - 03-04-2019, 03:30 AM
RE: Interlude with Myth - by Frey - 03-04-2019, 04:04 AM