[Seasonal Event] This mess I've made
for Rory
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
out of the night that covers me
Wessex listens and holds space for Rory, allowing herself to be a mooring in the dark, murky waters of his memory. She shrugs to indicate she’s forgiven him for leaving her behind. As the tale unravels, it is clear it might have been for the best. Madness, violence at each other’s hands. Her toys could kill him, easily. Or Amalia. And she’s worked so hard to cast herself as the stoic, crotchety, bitterly blunt protector of a select few. “Yeah, I know her,” she says when he comes to the part about Edy (though she’s just now learning the girl’s name), but refuses to elaborate on how she knows her.

Fire seems like an apt weapon for her. Fire is… exciting. But enough of that, this isn’t the time to start daydreaming about sexual relations in the shadow of the Spire.  

Back to the story. “Well, that explains the feather, then,” she says with a crooked grin, reaching out again to stir the pot. Smell and texture tell her it’s probably ready, but Rory’s better off tasting it himself. “You saved everyone, Rory. It was bad this year… Worse than ever before. And I don't think it was just because the Outlanders were fucking stupid.” She sighs and looks towards the window, to the things they shattered and replaced, and to the damage that was done to others, that was not so easily fixed. In the grand scheme of things, fixing his cabin was a drop in her bucket of good deeds. And there aren’t a lot of them, or rather, the bad far far far outweigh the good. It is nothing. She doesn’t acknowledge it.

“I don’t know what I’ll do, other than try and find out what they are. How they came to be. How to defeat them, or stop them, or… something.” She shrugs again, the goes to get a bowl and a spoon and ladles out some of the bubbling stew.“I’m not a great cook and don’t need to eat anymore, so if it sucks, just do me a favor and pretend and wolf this bit down, ok?”

Her mind whirling, Wessex picks at her fingernails and muses in silence until Rory chooses to speak again. Silence is easy. Silence is safe. You can be friends and exist in silence, even when deep down, the bubbles are boiling.
black as the pit from pole to pole
i thank whatever gods may be
for my unconquerable soul

Messages In This Thread
[Seasonal Event] This mess I've made - by Wessex - 03-01-2019, 10:13 PM
RE: [Seasonal Event] This mess I've made - by Wessex - 04-05-2019, 08:48 PM