[Seasonal Event] This mess I've made
for Rory
Leatherworker

Age: 36 | Height: 175cm / 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 8 - Int:
Played by: Neowulf Offline
Change author:
MP: 970
RORY
He hadn't noticed what she'd been doing when she came in the door, really, so it was with curious eyes that he twisted in his rocking chair to watch her when she left his side. Still the spoon went between the lifted bowl and his mouth at a significant speed, especially now that it had begun to cool off slightly. Wessex looked to a small pouch sitting on the counter. He hadn't noticed it in his state, but whatever it was she needed, it wasn't that.

"Hah," he laughed, taken by surprise by her musing. Fall in love? He wasn't going to be an idiot and laugh about it as a concept, or say that it couldn't happen, that he didn't believe she had a heart—he knew that she could love. He felt it, in the blanket tucked around him, the soup warming his gut, her presence in his house at all. No; it was more the idea of how she would react to it, and.. to be fair, Rory wasn't a romantic guru. He had stayed out of courting since Evie Wordsworth. She wouldn't have much for his advice. "That'd have you more challenged than any monster."

Then it all became clear: she had brought new nails for his loose floorboards, and had merely been looking for a hammer. Unexpectedly, Rory's throat began to close with emotion, and he returned to the fire to eat the rest of his bowlful of soup in silence. He blinked a couple of tears away, then finally put the empty bowl aside. His stomach was hurting a little, and he was still rather cold, but he wriggled out of the rocking chair anyway. He thought he'd probably end up in Wessex's way if he tried to help with the floorboards, so instead he busied himself doing what he hadn't all day: sweeping up the old nails and otherwise cleaning up the Long Night crime scene.
as if you were on fire from within,
the moon lives in the lining of your skin.

Messages In This Thread
[Seasonal Event] This mess I've made - by Wessex - 03-01-2019, 10:13 PM
RE: [Seasonal Event] This mess I've made - by Rory - 04-09-2019, 04:39 PM