Training the light at the end of the tunnel is a freight train
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
You're so cold
but you feel alive
The caution brought her into utter stillness, like bracing for a blow. But there came non, of course. Only words. Heavy words, that fell like rocks into the waters of her mind. Rippling, splashing, setting off circles within circles until no still surface remained. She knew he was only telling the truth - and just like he said, the first instinct she had was to start defending herself.

She met his gaze, but couldn't hold it for long. As he looked down, she looked away. Flicked some dirt away from beneath a fingernail. An ache was building in her chest, in a slow suffocating wave. Something that should have been tears pooled in her eyes. She wiped it away, too quick to really see the pearly sheen left on her hand. For a time she could only chew on the silence, unable to find words.

She didn't actually know what to say.

Then; "How much have I told you, about myself? I don't... recall what I've said." She remembered their long walk from the Tundra where he first found her. The argument that started off their relationship. Her fear, his anger. And later, a promise to try and broaden her mind, to be less prejudiced. Maea thought she had come a long way since then. But maybe it wasn't really true. Maybe she just pretended to, because she cared about Amun.
lay your hands on me
one last time
MAEA
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
RE: the light at the end of the tunnel is a freight train - by Maea - 04-13-2022, 03:55 AM