Training the light at the end of the tunnel is a freight train
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my whole life is mine, but whoever says so will deprive me,
for it is infinite.
Amun waited for Maea to begin speaking. Keeping his gaze trained on her, he didn't move, speak, or react. When the words finally began pouring out, he blinked. His eyebrows went up at times and his eyes narrowed at others, but otherwise he was motionless and silent. Even after she finished, he didn't respond right away.

Finally, he reached out to rest a hand on her knee. "You've suffered more than any person should." He gave a small squeeze. "And I am sorry to hear all you've been through."

Pausing, he made sure he was meeting her gaze. "But you've been running for so long, I don't think you ever quite realized that running from something isn't enough. You have to run to something or else nothing is going to change."

Looking down now, he sighed. "You want to talk about selfishness, though? You do deserve to be selfish. Everyone does." He pressed his lips together.

"However, think about how truly selfish it would be if you weren't here again. I mourned you once. Don't make me do it again. And you're treating your Ascension as a punishment instead of a gift, the second chance it truly is, a chance to do and be better than before. Have you even once considered how that might make me or anyone else feel? About our own nature as Ascended?"
by being moved I exert my empire,
making the dreams of night real
AMUN

Messages In This Thread
RE: the light at the end of the tunnel is a freight train - by Amun - 04-13-2022, 02:55 PM