in over my head
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
Call the Midwife
Aoife. That was the child's name. He hadn't said so when they had been at the Rathskellar and she held her briefly...or had he? There was a lot going on that night and it was a bit hard to remember. "Aoife. That's a beautiful name." she complimented with a warm smile. And unique too, she thought. He wanted her to examine the child? Well, she supposed it made sense, especially if the girl had been born somewhere where a midwife or healer was not - which seemed the likely case. Of course, Phoebe was still ignorant to the whole story, and again found herself wondering why the child's mother wasn't with him. The mothers were usually the ones to do this sort of thing after all. "I am happy to! Let me take her for you and we will see how she is." Phoebe said. Unless Ronin stopped her, she would carefully but expertly pull little Aoife out of the sling that held her to her daddy's chest.

Than the former captain finally revealed what had happened to the mother of his child, and Phoebe's whole countenance fell as she cradled the girl to her chest. "Oh, Ronin...I'm so sorry." she said quietly, her tone etched with sincerity and surprisingly guilt. She hadn't been there, it wasn't as though Vanya had died on her watch - she hadn't really even been aware of her pregnancy since she had never come to see the midwife - and yet she still felt responsible in a way. If she had been there...maybe she could have saved her. But there wasn't time to really wallow in guilt over a death she had no hand in. There was a baby here, and a grieving father who likely was in over his head with this baby stuff. "Of course. I will make sure she is well and then see to it that you are set up with everything you need." she assured him with a dutiful nod.

Phoebe would carry little Aoife to a table that was covered in a few blankets to soften the top, laying her on it so she could begin the exam. Easy things were first, eyes and hearing. The midwife placed a hand to one side of the girl's head, making soft snapping noises with her fingers. Aoife startled a little, each time looking in the direction of the snapping noise. Once satisfied with her reaction, Phoebe held her fingers over her face, waving them to get her attention before moving them around in the air, watching how her eyes followed the movement. And her eyes. Phoebe smiled and glanced at Ronin. "I see Safrin has blessed her. You and her are very lucky." she said.

Messages In This Thread
in over my head - by Ronin - 03-01-2019, 10:32 PM
RE: in over my head - by Phoebe - 03-02-2019, 12:58 PM
RE: in over my head - by Ronin - 03-02-2019, 08:56 PM
RE: in over my head - by Phoebe - 03-03-2019, 03:31 PM
RE: in over my head - by Ronin - 03-04-2019, 05:24 PM
RE: in over my head - by Phoebe - 03-04-2019, 05:55 PM
RE: in over my head - by Ronin - 03-04-2019, 06:13 PM
RE: in over my head - by Phoebe - 03-04-2019, 07:06 PM
RE: in over my head - by Ronin - 03-04-2019, 07:21 PM
RE: in over my head - by Phoebe - 03-04-2019, 07:43 PM
RE: in over my head - by Ronin - 03-04-2019, 08:03 PM