{SEASONAL EVENT} Dirty Feathers, Better Weather
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
REXANNA
She wasn’t sure how to respond to the comment from Nathaniel, and so Rexanna left it open ended. Adding a small nod in his direction in response. It was her first Longnight, and it certainly wasn’t anything that she had expected. But Nathaniel moved on, speaking of the Sparkbird she had mentioned and she nodded once again. “That’s what I was told! The perch that was constructed was being attacked by the monsters I think, Rory and a few others left to go and fix it. They were pretty hurt but I think that knowing the Sparkbird came made it worth it for them.” She hummed thoughtfully to him. Though part of her was sad that he had missed it. She thought for a moment back to Wessex and her outburst at the lantern festival – of Outlanders taking things from the Naturals, and she seemed to shrink a bit at the thought of the Sparkbird being the same.

But Nathaniel started to bound up the steps and told her that she could go if she needed to, if she had foraging to do. Part of her, the part that imagined her as an annoying Outlander wanted to agree. But Rexanna was stubborn and she wanted to help him, maybe prove to him that she didn’t have a choice in the matter and was trying to do good with the second chance she’d been given. But she also didn’t blame him for not wanting her in his house. He disappeared before she could respond, and she waited outside – making a point to not look at the house and rather anywhere else. Just in case he was paranoid of her exploring where she shouldn’t be.

When he returned, she turned to him and offered an easy but small smile. “I can stay out here if you prefer? I don’t mean to impose, but I would like to help. I can beat the dust out of the rugs to leave the inside to you.” She offered in her flirtatious tone, but the words were serious. It was his home after all – one he probably lived in for quite some time. Who was she to waltz in when it was clear she was unwanted there. But if she could help him finish his task, it was the possibility of that which kept her heels dug in until Nathaniel told her she’d have to go. Which she hoped wouldn’t happen, but she couldn’t be too certain. It had been a rocky, awkward start. But she hoped to leave a good impression.
I think we deserve a soft epilogue, my love,
we are good people and we've suffered enough.

Messages In This Thread
RE: {SEASONAL EVENT} Dirty Feathers, Better Weather - by Rexanna - 03-02-2019, 08:59 PM