{SEASONAL EVENT} Dirty Feathers, Better Weather
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
REXANNA
He replied to her, a shrug and an “always” that had her brow raising with the almost open ended question. But a frown found her face and she wanted to comment about how terrible it was to have to deal with that. But he poised a question to her and she had to think about what they did back in Halyven. She hadn’t really been a part of much of the royal affairs at first, and Asciend celebrated the winter month differently from her homeland. So she thought of the best way to put it.

It’s… a very happy time actually.” She offered thoughtfully, glancing to Nathaniel before looking over where the chickens had been. “We celebrated the winter months with food and company, sometimes there would be gifts to give. We mostly just made them by hand and gave them to one another. One year I gave a friend a little doll I had made out of wool and some satin I had stolen from one of the rooms I had been a servant to.” She added with a quiet laugh at the idea. She had never been caught, and it had already been a torn piece of fabric anyway. It certainly didn’t matter much anyway.

Later I was married off to a different country who celebrated things differently. Huge festivals with dancing and lots of food and drinks. No gifts were given, but celebration in dance and song had been enough for those people. I’m certain many of them gained thirty pounds over the season.” She laughed yet again before sighing to herself. “Of course, I was of a higher status there. It could have been the same back home where I’m from but I was a servant there. I wasn’t allowed to be a part of it all.” She shrugged, turning her head back to Nathaniel. “We didn’t have any long days of pure black with monsters at our doorsteps.” Her eyes focused on him a bit further. “The people of this land are the strongest people I’ve ever seen, having to deal with that and move on as though nothing happened. I can’t imagine what it would be like in my own city.” She added with a small nod.
I think we deserve a soft epilogue, my love,
we are good people and we've suffered enough.

Messages In This Thread
RE: {SEASONAL EVENT} Dirty Feathers, Better Weather - by Rexanna - 03-09-2019, 01:56 AM