{SEASONAL EVENT} Dirty Feathers, Better Weather
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
REXANNA
She hadn’t realized what he meant when he spoke – just assuming it was some kind of mispronunciation of castle. But as he blinked to her when she responded, she paid it no mind. She had a servants upbringing. Knowing enough to keep you safe, to read and write to pass messages back and forth, but nothing else. And when she had blossomed into her royal heritage, they had only taught her the things she needed to know (what kind of knife to use for butter verses steaks, why one of the high house families were strange and off putting, what things to say and what masks to wear). But she followed him in the home regardless, simply happy to be a part of it all.

It was cozy, a home well lived in, and she appreciated everything about it. As Nathaniel spoke, her eyes landed on him again and she offered him a brilliant grin. “Castle’s are overrated, too open and the drafts are horrible.” She replied with a quiet chuckled laugh. “This is what I imagined a home to look like.” She said after a moment of consideration. Rexanna had never truly lived in a house, until Caido. Before it had been servants quarters, then her room she shared with her husband, then dungeons and cells and hiding in abandoned homes.

Finding a seat at the table, she watched him briefly as he poured out the bottle between the two of them, and she gladly accepted. Raising hers in a small toast with a smile before taking a sip of it and setting it back on the table. One leg crossed over the other as her hand rested on the glass, waiting to hear his answer to her question before taking another sip. He seemed to like that question more than the random ones she had been giving him, trying to get to know him in the hopes of perhaps being a friend to yet another Natural. She nodded in response, chuckling at his mention of the cold temperatures.

What kind of things do you trap the most of? I found a few bits of clothes and furs in the abandoned house that I’m living in now and have been trying to make things with them.” She said after a moment, reaching for the cup to take another sip. “Perhaps the ones I don’t need or have use of I could give to you and you could sell them for something?” She questioned, eyes shifting back to him with a small smile. She had no experience with selling furs, and she didn’t particularly need the things that Nathaniel might need. She felt like a free spirit, bargaining for food and drink and offering small things in return. It’s made it a lot easier with her transmutation magic, able to make blankets softer and cups into jugs. It was usually enough for her.
I think we deserve a soft epilogue, my love,
we are good people and we've suffered enough.

Messages In This Thread
RE: {SEASONAL EVENT} Dirty Feathers, Better Weather - by Rexanna - 03-18-2019, 03:33 AM