visions are seldom what they seem
Mordecai Letto

Age: 16 | Height: 5"1 (~155cm) | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 0 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 8 - Luck: 1 - Int:
Played by: Malediction Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Mordecai Letto
So she was one of the Ascended then, an enemy of the city he called home. He glanced at the dagger she had given him, the sharp edge glistened in the last light of the day and he idly wondered if there'd be a reward for bringing back a dead Ascended.

With a sigh he tucked the blade between his belt and cocked his head to one side. "I can understand your choice, I guess. Ruby makes a pretty good soup, but not worth turning to stone for," he chuckled.

The mention of a brother raised yet more questions, but those would have to wait. The light was fading fast and it wouldn't be much longer until the city's gates would shut for the night. For a little while he just stood there, eyes roving over her, as though trying to find something on her that would explain the many questions that still lingered in his head. Who was she? What had she been doing in the marshes by herself? Who was her brother? What was she called?

"I should be off," he said after a heavy bout of silence. He scuffed his feet and seemed unsure of himself when he spoke next, his voice hardly above a whisper. "Thank you for coming with me." He turned around slowly and began to head toward the city, toward a hot meal and a soft bed. After only a few steps he stopped and cast a solemn glance over his shoulder. "Next time we meet, I hope I won't be having to use this against you," he said, tapping the hilt of the dagger.

Then he was on his way again, his small form swallowed by the night until even the sound of his boots on the mud had faded into nothingness.

~FIN~

Messages In This Thread
visions are seldom what they seem - by Maea - 04-22-2022, 02:00 PM
RE: visions are seldom what they seem - by Maea - 04-22-2022, 03:17 PM
RE: visions are seldom what they seem - by Maea - 04-22-2022, 03:58 PM
RE: visions are seldom what they seem - by Maea - 04-22-2022, 05:26 PM
RE: visions are seldom what they seem - by Maea - 04-22-2022, 07:26 PM
RE: visions are seldom what they seem - by Maea - 04-22-2022, 08:29 PM
RE: visions are seldom what they seem - by Maea - 04-22-2022, 09:46 PM
RE: visions are seldom what they seem - by Mordecai - 04-27-2022, 04:48 PM