and the truth is
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
MAEA
The thudding beat of his soles on the ground had the flavor of a countdown. A three, two, one that ought to have her heart race like some rabbit when the wolf's shadow fell upon it. Knees weak, arms heavy. The thud of knives eating into wood was a counterpoint, echoing the irony of the situation; they were only here now because she didn't have a heart.

A final throw, and the dagger lodged tip first a palm away from the center dot. Wasn't that the truth - she always missed the mark. Stray shots going wild and wreaking havoc everywhere except where it had been aimed. Her hands remained steady as she turned to face Nate, open and hanging limp by her sides. Scarred hands; the skin twisted and puckered from too much heat.

"Hello, Nate."

Maea had to crane her neck back to meet his gaze, even with the distance. She had forgotten how tall he was, how blue those eyes were. Somewhere along the way, she had forgotten what it looked like when he smiled, too. There was no hint of it, now. Just like there hadn't been when she stepped out of that portal, two years ago. It was... tempting, to forget everything that had been before that, too. How they'd almost been friends. The help he had offered her.

It had been so very easy to blind herself to all that.

"Thank you for coming. I should probably start with pleasantries, but... I'll just get straight to the point." Let's not waste anyone's time with wrapping anything in silk, or trying to soften the blow. She was done with the bullshit. Her own, and others. The hiding, the pretending and the excuses.

For once, she did not draw a steadying breath. Didn't need to; whatever consequences came of this, of facing him and the things she'd done - she was ready for it.

"I'm the one who burned your clinic, in Torchline." She stood very still, and gazed up at him. Unmoving, waiting for the storm to break.
I'm bleeding out for you
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
and the truth is - by Maea - 05-10-2022, 10:06 PM
RE: and the truth is - by Nate - 05-11-2022, 01:20 AM
RE: and the truth is - by Maea - 05-11-2022, 01:49 AM
RE: and the truth is - by Nate - 05-11-2022, 03:45 AM
RE: and the truth is - by Maea - 05-11-2022, 04:43 AM
RE: and the truth is - by Nate - 05-11-2022, 06:26 PM
RE: and the truth is - by Maea - 05-11-2022, 07:06 PM
RE: and the truth is - by Nate - 05-13-2022, 06:21 AM
RE: and the truth is - by Maea - 05-13-2022, 11:28 AM
RE: and the truth is - by Nate - 05-17-2022, 06:04 AM
RE: and the truth is - by Maea - 05-17-2022, 06:29 AM