[Seasonal Event] What Must Be Done
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe gave him a little sympathetic smile as he tried to apologize. ”I’m a midwife, it doesn’t really bother me. I just didn’t want to get it on anything else.” she said. Really, she didn’t want his family’s blood literally on her hand. She worried she had somehow brought them bad luck, that she was somehow to blame for their misfortune and ultimate demise after years of quiet Long Nights.

He could try to hide his emotions but it didn’t go over her head. Quickly she crossed the room back to him, wrapping her arms around his waist. She let him ramble his ideas, his attempts to keep what had been irreparably ruined, her fingers gently gliding across his back in a soothing manner. ”You can definitely take some of the boards and materials from upstairs. And you can always rebuild it in a similar floor plan.” she said with a gentle smile. ”Or think of it instead as a way to begin anew. Rebuild and fix any inefficiencies. Make it better than it was. Somewhere you can make new, happy memories.” she said encouragingly, trying to get him to think more positively. Every place, no matter how sentimental, had things that people would have done differently if they were to be redone. Certainly Emmett could think of a few ways to improve the home if he had to rebuild it.

Eventually he did see some sense. No amount of scrubbing would clean this place. She lifted a hand and dried any leftover tears he may have missed. ”Of course. Especially upstairs there are lots of things. We can pack it all up and take it to my place until you get all rebuilt. Any salvageable wood you can put in the barn…how does that sound?” she said, trying to be chipper for his sake.
Phoebe
In a gentle way, you can shake the world

Messages In This Thread
[Seasonal Event] What Must Be Done - by Emmett - 03-02-2019, 07:09 PM
RE: [Seasonal Event] What Must Be Done - by Phoebe - 03-07-2019, 10:35 PM