(o) Cold be traveler far from home
Isar Sindri
Cultist

Age: 36 | Height: 5'8 in (175cm) | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
ISAR
Arm yourself
A guard spat over the edge of the wall, a thick wad of nasty that froze long before it ever hit the ground. Leaning against the merlons several others kept their eyes trained on the figure that had appeared out of the dark, so bundled in furs that it was impossible to get a good read on who it was.

"No, I do not know anyone in town," came a patient response, repeating the answer a flustered gate-keeper had asked for a third time now. The voice that spoke was deep and quiet and soft as velvet, and seemed to make those below quite nervous. "No, there is none who can vouch for me. Obviously, since I do not know anyone here." A lazy amusement coiled through that smoky reply, the smile audible even though the layers of scarfs and furs wrapped around the man's face hid any evidence of one.
The gate keeper seemed to swell at the tone, but was cut off by the rise of a gloved hand before he could launch into a decision that would deny the traveler entry.
"My good man, be reasonable. If I truly meant to bring harm upon the Citadel, why would I announce my presence at the front gate? I seek only shelter and warmth." There was a long, pregnant pause during which the two men stared each other down in the bitter cold. "Please." Only the slight edge in the word made any indication that the figure was not perfectly content to remain exactly where he was.

The guards watched with bated breath as the keeper hesitated. The only alternative to granting entry would be to send the wanderer back out into the wild. And the Tundra at Deepfrost... that was a death sentence. Glances were shared among them, and someone even peered off in the opposite direction. To the Citadel itself, as if wishing for someone to come settle this before mistakes could be made.
Because no one else here will save you

Messages In This Thread
(o) Cold be traveler far from home - by Isar - 05-19-2022, 03:11 PM
RE: (o) Cold be traveler far from home - by Sah - 05-19-2022, 06:23 PM
RE: (o) Cold be traveler far from home - by Isar - 05-20-2022, 01:43 AM
RE: (o) Cold be traveler far from home - by Sah - 05-20-2022, 02:50 PM
RE: (o) Cold be traveler far from home - by Isar - 05-20-2022, 10:42 PM
RE: (o) Cold be traveler far from home - by Sah - 06-15-2022, 11:49 PM