Promises, promises
Aino Jandar
Soldier

Age: 37 | Height: 5'8 in (175cm) | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 1 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 2 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
AINO

Extracting a knife from under her furs, Aino made sure the luxere was properly dead with a quick cut to the main artery. Skinning it out here in the freezing cold would be stupid, so she merely cleaned the blade by dipping it in snow a few times before straightening again, content to let the animal bleed a bit until they began the task of dragging it back home. Not a long trek - lights from the Citadel shimmered on the horizon, and if she turned her nose into the wind she scent traces of wood smoke. Familiar and beloved. Home.

"Neither do I! You should have seen yourself, the way you staggered around." For a moment the woman shook her head, pretending to be stern. But as Sah's shoulder nudged hers, she softened and slung an arm about his shoulders.

"I'm proud of you, little brother," she admitted, with unusual warmth lacing her voice. "You've come a long way, since I first saw you. It is my pleasure to have your back." Squeezing him tightly, they lingered like that, a moment spent in quiet camaraderie that said more than her sharp tongue would ever properly convey.

Then Aino withdrew, and reached down to heft the dead luxere onto her shoulders. "Let's get this home, shall we? We'll have roast tonight - let's surprise mum with a full house." Taking the lead, her long legs carried her easily even through the deeper drifts. A good way to work off steam; it had really been worthwhile, to come out here.
For the good times that we share,
and the bad times that we'll have

Messages In This Thread
Promises, promises - by Aino - 05-19-2022, 04:28 PM
RE: Promises, promises - by Sah - 05-19-2022, 04:38 PM
RE: Promises, promises - by Aino - 05-19-2022, 04:54 PM
RE: Promises, promises - by Sah - 05-19-2022, 05:04 PM
RE: Promises, promises - by Random Event - 05-19-2022, 05:16 PM
RE: Promises, promises - by Sah - 05-19-2022, 05:37 PM