[Seasonal Event] won't stay quiet
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 6492
KIADA
you kneel and say your prayers with
shaking hands and a mouth full of metal
but the blood in your mouth tastes nothing
At Melita’s initial declaration, Kiada smiles slightly and nods. Perhaps they weren’t. Perhaps they were meant to be the ones that barged into the fight, to be the front lines and the defenders rather than those that stayed behind to help and calm those that had been hurt. Even if she tried her hardest time after time to be different. It was hard to learn anything else when you continued to cave to the darkness within, the same that called for blood the same way the wolf howls at the moon.

It isn’t until Melita mentions that she’s heard of those places that Kiada’s head snaps to her, momentarily forgetting the plants they’re planting. And when she looks to Melita, there’s a look of nostalgia brimming beneath the surface of the red head. “I was born in the Dragon’s Throat, with my twin Clementine.” She hears, and she feels a pang of loss for the girl at her side. Because they both were twins, born of different worlds. Now the only ones left. And far more connected than they initially thought. “I had a twin too, named Kianzo. I never went to Dragon’s Throat, but I did meet someone named Zero when my twin went missing and I searched for him.” She says quietly, and for a moment feels compelled to console her friend.

But she’s speaking again, of never knowing her father. And if given the choice, Kiada wonders if she had the choice to meet her father, if she wanted to. If she wanted to know where the darkness sat within her and if she got it from her father. Kiada nods, however, and says nothing. Instead she waits as Melita continues, speaking of being nothing like her sister or mother. And there’s no shame in it. She’s too much like her brother, but held the poise and grace of a killer where her brother held it in brute strength and viciousness.

She speaks of her mother and sister being gentle souls, and she smiles to her friend as she mentions frightening her mother many times. And as she continues, she watches Melita put the seeds into a tiny hole she had made as she mentions losing her mother when Helovia collapsed and Kiada nods slowly – understandingly. Because she, too, had lost many that day. And for a moment she regrets what she’s about to say. “I… lost many too. But I had supported Kisamoa, and he had given me an amulet. And upon entering the portal to the Rift, it exploded.” She says slowly, calculating as she moves her dark hair to the side to reveal the nasty “X” marking in her neck. “It’s how I got this.” She says.

But somehow, I still supported Kisamoa. I understood him, I think. I tried to save his life there… I had lost everyone and he was the only constant. My mother, too, I suppose. Though she wasn’t around much.” She says with regret pooling into her stomach. “I was born with my father’s demons, I think, and I made very poor choices as a child. I still do.” She turns back to her attempt at planting, following Melita’s lead by making small holes and putting seeds in them. “Kisamoa killed Ru’in the first time.” She says quietly, and yet how she supported him still baffled her.

But there was a part of her that still craved the darkness so much that it still loved the mismatched god in some strange way. Or perhaps she had a deep set love for all things that didn’t belong. That weren’t normal.
nothing, like holy wine as it drips
from your tongue during confession
and your hail mary feels h o l l o w
in the face of all that r e d
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3

Messages In This Thread
[Seasonal Event] won't stay quiet - by Melita - 03-02-2019, 11:53 PM
RE: [Seasonal Event] won't stay quiet - by Kiada - 03-03-2019, 12:38 AM
RE: [Seasonal Event] won't stay quiet - by Melita - 03-04-2019, 01:00 AM
RE: [Seasonal Event] won't stay quiet - by Kiada - 03-04-2019, 05:42 AM
RE: [Seasonal Event] won't stay quiet - by Melita - 03-04-2019, 01:23 PM
RE: [Seasonal Event] won't stay quiet - by Kiada - 03-09-2019, 03:39 AM
RE: [Seasonal Event] won't stay quiet - by Melita - 03-12-2019, 10:47 PM
RE: [Seasonal Event] won't stay quiet - by Kiada - 03-17-2019, 09:54 PM
RE: [Seasonal Event] won't stay quiet - by Melita - 03-17-2019, 10:53 PM