The Dwarf and the Fox
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
the wraith
“Or,” she posits, holding a finger up, “Are you imposing yourself without asking if what you’re doing is what Caido’s people want? What is your goal? We have a world-wide war coming.” She gestures beyond Darkeye to the world beyond the Barracks and this ongoing argument. “There are two more relics to find, training and fortifying to be done, quests to complete… We have two seasons left and even if you do find proof of whatever or whoever did it, do you think we’re going to stop everything for, what, a trial?”

Her truth is that she cannot comprehend why he can’t see the bigger picture. “You call me ignorant,” she says with a shake of her head, “but you have no sense of the world’s priorities right now and no understanding of the Ascended dynamic. You can take your notion of who and what I should be and shove it.” That’s where she should have slammed the door in his face, but the idea that he has any idea about Stormbreak is absolutely laughable, if he’s only spoken to Ronin, which is what she assumes.

“They came for the Order,” she snaps. “Whose goal, as everyone knew, was to destroy the Ascended. And this is what The Order did to deserve it. Holding up a hand to stay any questions for the moment, Wessex summons a kitsune and has it show Darkeye the things she’d seen: Sam’s body, obviously burned by sunlight, the sound of Mabel’s voice and as she was confined, embellishing only a little to tell a more complete story - that Gideon had killed Evelyn and then taken Mabel prisoner. The Ascended bodies in boxes, and then Cian and Gideon strapping a woman to a kind of cart, rolling it into a field, and a dragon descending to light it on fire.

“The Order was a group that supported murderers and the Tower was a symbol of their power. I told Ronin the Tower was going to come down and to get the patients out. I would have let him evacuate them all, because I was initially there to ensure innocents didn't get hurt. He chose to attack instead of getting people out.” So in the Wraith's eyes, the Huntsman is just as at fault as she is. And she knows that no one will ever see it that way - but inaction can be just as destructive as action.
she's pullin' the trigger
cause it's me and the moon, she says
and i have no trouble with that

Messages In This Thread
The Dwarf and the Fox - by Darkeye - 05-30-2022, 06:07 PM
RE: The Dwarf and the Fox - by Wessex - 06-07-2022, 08:14 PM
RE: The Dwarf and the Fox - by Darkeye - 06-08-2022, 05:47 PM
RE: The Dwarf and the Fox - by Wessex - 06-14-2022, 01:26 AM
RE: The Dwarf and the Fox - by Darkeye - 06-14-2022, 08:02 AM
RE: The Dwarf and the Fox - by Wessex - 06-14-2022, 03:30 PM
RE: The Dwarf and the Fox - by Darkeye - 06-15-2022, 02:13 PM
RE: The Dwarf and the Fox - by Wessex - 06-15-2022, 03:11 PM