Wash it all away
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Age: 35 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 24 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Roana gave the young woman a melancholy smile as she gave her apologies. "Your sympathy is greatly appreciated. He was a charming and charismatic man, the sort that knew how to make the most irritable and irrational of enemies his closest friends. He will be sorely missed." she said quietly, shaking her head a little. He was a far greater loss to the people here than she ever would be.

It became clear that Maea was going to speak to her openly, and at length, and the last thing she wanted was to stand there, towering over her like some imposing brute interrogating her for answers. So Roana knelt on the ground in front of her, their height disparity such that even without the rock under her, Roana remained about even in height to her. Silently she listened, taking in all that the girl had to say. It was well thought out, well delivered. She smiled a little as Maea finished, nodding as she did so. "I appreciate your thoughtfulness. You're very wise for your age." she complimented. She wasn't sure how old Maea was, but she looked very youthful.

Roana then took a moment to gather her own thoughts on all that had been said. "First, let me apologize. I can see how our quickness to act could be interpreted as insulting and dismissive of your life here, and the knowledge you have gathered over many generations. I cannot speak for everyone, but those that I know well, including Ronin, do not wish to insult you, myself included. Our hastiness is a result of where we are from - Ronin, Ashetta, Remi, myself...the place we are from was wartorn for as long as any can remember. Assessing dangers and acting quickly is how we survived. We didn't come here and look around and see your rats and leaky roof and think your house poor. We came here and we saw ourselves, back home. We saw our cities left in ruins, our people left to pick up the pieces, our people tormented and making due with a poor hand they never asked to be dealt - suffering the consequences of a conflict they inherited but did not bring on themselves. I don't look at you and see a Natural girl who's life is inconsequential because it is less than pristine. I look at you and see my sister, worrying about my livelihood as I left for the army. Our actions are not a result of disdain for your house, but disdain for whatever it is that has forced you to make due with a dangerous house when you are obviously so undeserving of it." Roana paused then, smiling at her a bit sadly.

"And...I am gambling my family on a maybe. I've three six-year old sons and a sister in law here. But it is a maybe that I feel is less a maybe and more a sure thing. I've seen many many walls meant to keep dangerous things out...and this is the sort of wall meant to keep things in. I cannot help but think what other reason was I brought here, with the skills I have, if not to use them to give you the opportunity for more?" Her tone as she spoke this whole time was not the lecturing sort, but done calmly, in humble explanation. She make the assumption either that Maea wanted more - she didn't know what Maea's life goals were. She just wished to see better opportunity for all of them.

"So here we are then. I am not very eloquent so I apologize. But tell me, how can we move forward? You've good reasons to be wary, and I've the weight of a dying man's last wish on my shoulders; how can we come together to see that wish come true in a way you think makes sense?" she asked, truly wishing to hear her thoughts.

ROANA
be the heroine of your life

Messages In This Thread
Wash it all away - by Maea - 03-04-2019, 03:51 AM
RE: Wash it all away - by Roana - 03-17-2019, 06:11 PM
RE: Wash it all away - by Maea - 03-17-2019, 06:55 PM
RE: Wash it all away - by Roana - 03-17-2019, 07:11 PM
RE: Wash it all away - by Maea - 03-17-2019, 07:41 PM
RE: Wash it all away - by Roana - 03-17-2019, 07:56 PM
RE: Wash it all away - by Maea - 03-17-2019, 08:18 PM
RE: Wash it all away - by Roana - 03-17-2019, 08:33 PM
RE: Wash it all away - by Maea - 03-17-2019, 08:59 PM