Wash it all away
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
Maea
The kind of flawless they think I should be
Just as Roana had listened quietly, so did Maea; with a solemn expression, trying her best to imagine and understand the other side of the story. It hit her that this was the first time any outlander had explained anything about where they came from, and also that she had never thought to ask about it. Did Jigano have a similar story weighing on his shoulders? Would he trust her enough to tell if she asked? In a way, what Roana did now was very remarkable. To explain herself to a complete stranger was not easy, and Maea felt a growing respect for the woman as she considered how to respond.

"I can understand why you would be eager to take action, if that is what you have always done. Just as inaction has been our way of surviving." She pulled the hair over a thin shoulder and sqeezed out the water with long, thin fingers, calloused from tools that had only made her hardy, never strong.

"Have you heard the stories of how this barrier was made? There are many versions, but the most recent is that the Old Gods made it to trap The Voice within. She was an Acquired once, born human with the gift of magic... but she wanted more, and gathered enough power to challenge her makers. I don't know what she did that angered the gods so, but it was bad enough that they closed her in here, with her Ascended and many others as well. Even other gods were made to stay here... because it was what needed to be done."

Maea shrugged weakly, not sure whether this version was any more true than any other she'd heard. Maybe they were inside the head of a blue eyed giant, and that was why the barrier was round.

"Wanting more is not always a good thing. Those who were once Acquired are now Abandoned because of their greed, and generations later we are still paying for their sins. I don't know that I am deserving of more... I have done nothing to earn it, after all."

But she was right that doing nothing was impossible. Things were set in motion already, and the Only way to go was forward. There would be a price to pay regardless... so she supposed it was better to act in a way that would leave the least amount of regret.

"I think... We all need to stop doing things on our own, and start cooperating. You attacked the demon with only Northaveners, for example. Why? It would have been easy to include someone from here... Perhaps you'd need to search a bit to find someone who was strong enough, but with proper planning it could be done. And... well, it's only one thing, but many farmers are worried about the influx of people, what it will do to the amount of food we have. More mouths to feed means less för everyone, and if no one helps with growing the extra food needed... Include us, help us, explain your reasoning, listen to our side, and we will likely do the same for you. Not until we start cooperating everywhere can there become a we. That's what I think, at least."

She smiled, a bit embarrassed to deliver her opinions as if it was worth considering. There many other voices in the Hollow beside hers, and they would be louder, more factual, more realistic... Maea lacked the knowledge to be sure about anything.
The kind of flawless I wish I could be

♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
Wash it all away - by Maea - 03-04-2019, 03:51 AM
RE: Wash it all away - by Roana - 03-17-2019, 06:11 PM
RE: Wash it all away - by Maea - 03-17-2019, 06:55 PM
RE: Wash it all away - by Roana - 03-17-2019, 07:11 PM
RE: Wash it all away - by Maea - 03-17-2019, 07:41 PM
RE: Wash it all away - by Roana - 03-17-2019, 07:56 PM
RE: Wash it all away - by Maea - 03-17-2019, 08:18 PM
RE: Wash it all away - by Roana - 03-17-2019, 08:33 PM
RE: Wash it all away - by Maea - 03-17-2019, 08:59 PM
RE: Wash it all away - by Roana - 03-17-2019, 09:22 PM
RE: Wash it all away - by Maea - 03-17-2019, 10:49 PM