if you ran away, just come back home
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 35 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Evie
fear has favourites
He makes it all so easy. So simple. Acceptance, devoid of judgment - even the barest hint of it. Amalia could never manage that, incapable of concealing her frowns or the averting of her gaze. Sam, too. It shouldn't blow the air out of her lungs so easily, having her worldview accepted without qualms, but it does. It makes it all the easier to absorb the rest of what he has to say in the wake of it, stunned as she is, though Evie likely wouldn't have had the heart to say much more given the flood of words that had just escaped her. She may not be as short with words as Deimos, but she has never been a wordsmith like Sam was.

"She made her choices," she rumbles quietly. "Wherever she is, I don't owe her my worry or my wondering. The path she picked had no footholds meant for us - so wherever it took her, I don't care to try and follow." And that's why Evie had never despaired when nobody followed her into the Wilds, not long after she was named Queen. The transient nature of people in Caido was simply something to be accepted. Amalia's departure may have been packed with more grief and betrayal, but the end was always the same. People left, and those left behind carried on.

"Thank you," she says softly of his empathy. Because what more was there to say? His body would be dismantled and parted out to the Ascended, and burial rites mattered little when she would never see him again in the afterlife. She had done them anyway, but even in the moment they had felt performative.

Looking to the same spires he watches in the distance, Evie's hands restlessly squeeze around her straps. "I want to re-open the Magic School." It feels like a heavy weight slides off her shoulders, saying it out loud. "Zariah's intentions aside, I never want an Abandoned to feel the way I do - did - my entire life." She struggles with it even now, despite how far she has come with performing her magic in public. "But that is a longterm goal. For now - I want to open an infirmary here. Not just an apothecary shop like my old store. A place for salves and tinctures, yes, but also for healing. From me. With magic over medicines." A smaller step, but just as important in the grand scheme of things.
don't let one be you

Table made by Sky!

Messages In This Thread
if you ran away, just come back home - by Evie - 07-01-2022, 11:13 PM
RE: if you ran away, just come back home - by Evie - 07-02-2022, 01:45 AM